Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New Beauty Favs | RMS Beauty + Tata Harper

I just recently started trying to take extra good care of my skin.  Since my late teens I have always moisturized and used eye cream religiously but never really thought much about what I was putting on my face or body.  Our skin is our largest organ and it absorbs everything we put on it.  It made me really think about the products I was using and made me decide to want to take better care of my skin like I take care of my body.  I eat healthy and exercise to take care of my body, why not do the same for my skin??

I started researching companies that were organic and natural and didn't use any weird chemicals.  
These two companies were constants that I heard nothing but great things and rave reviews about :



I decided it was time to revamp by beauty routine and add some new products.
I wanted to share my favorites from each line with ya'll.  

RMS Beauty
Confession until recently I had no idea this line was based out of Charleston, which I think makes it even cooler.  I stopped by the local office here and it was so neat to see how the business was run and I got to test all the products, which is always fun.

RMS is an organic line, gluten free, GMO free, Soy free, Nano free, and they never test on animals.   They also package their items in recyclable glass with an aluminum recyclable lid....not plastic!

From the RMS website to help better explain the line
 "RMS Beauty breaks away from the pack of natural cosmetics. RMS Beauty products are formulated with raw, food grade and organic ingredients in their natural state, allowing their living, healing attributes to penetrate and rejuvenate the skin. In their purest form, enzymes, vitamins, antioxidants and their healing properties remain fully intact, encouraging amazing potential for anti-aging effects. RMS Beauty has also taken extreme care in the use of minimal heat in the manufacturing process of this product in order to keep all nutrients and healing properties alive."

My favorite part about this line is how great the cosmetics felt on my skin.  They are made with unrefined coconut oil and feel so moisturizing!  
  They all are made to be applied with your fingers for good reason.  According to Rose Marie Swift the founder and creator of the line and celebrity make-up guru- skin to skin application is superior. It blends so much better and benefits the skin because it stimulates the blood flow.  Touching the skin encourages skin cell regeneration and turnover which equals beautiful fresh looking skin.

  
These were some of my favorite products that I really recommend.

 Raw Coconut Cream ||  It is unrefined so it is different than the Coconut oil you find at the grocery store. It has not been heated to a high degree which removes nutrients.   It feels like silk.  I have been using it as make-up remover and to moisturize.  Really I want to slather it on m whole body its that good.

Living Luminizer || This stuff instantly brightens up your face.   I swear a dabble under my eyes on my cheek bones and it makes my face pop and not look so tired. 

The Un Concealor || My favorite thing about this concealer is that is made with coconut oil so it moisturizes under my eyes as I wear it.  It also provides great coverage.  In 2011/2012 it won the best of beauty awards in Allure magazine so you know it is legit.

Eye Polish in Magnetic || Normally I use a powder eye shadow and not a cream but I have been hooked on this since I got it. It is super easy to apply and you can make it as light or dark as you want! Plus it stays on all day.  I love the magnetic color it is a great neutral.  I also love the solar color as well.

Bronzer || This gives your cheeks the perfect hint of color.  It gives your skin a natural looking glow and sunkissed look.

Lip to Cheek in Modest || This can be used on your lips or cheeks but I love it most on my lips because I prefer bronzer on my cheeks but that is just me!  This is a great color for during the day it is not too dark.  I am wearing it in the picture below,  the perfect hint of color.


Lip Shine in Sacred || This is the perfect Hot pink!  It is brighter than the Modest but a gorgeous pink!!  I like this for a night out or when I want a little more color.

RMS Beauty has graciously offered 10% off any order thru October 1 with code DBDD10.  A great time to try out their amazing products!   I am hooked and I am sure you will be too!  You can shop their whole site here and read about the products.  I promise you will fall in love with this line!



Time and time again I kept hearing about Tata Harper and how awesome this organic line was and let me tell you it exceeded my expectations!  I was blown away by every product.  They all smell heavenly too.  These products are a bit pricey but worth the splurge in my opinion.  Thru Wednesday if you order from Neiman Marcus you can get a gift card depending on how much you spend use code BET2GET at checkout.

Resurfacing Mask || This was the most raved about product from the line and I am obsessed with it.  I use it about 2-3 times a week and my skin feels amazing after.  You can leave it on up to 30 minutes, it is easy to put on and relax at night.

Regenerating Cleanser ||  This completely got my make-up off and made my face feel so fresh and clean.  It has a light grain in it so it helps exfoliate as well.  I swear my skin never felt so clean after using this.

Restorative Eye Cream || This feels like silk under my eyes.  It reduces puffiness and dark circles and really helps hydrate the eye area.

Floral Essence || I was unsure of this at first but received a sample when I bought my other products and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.   I spray it on before my moisturizer and it makes my skin feel moisturized and vibrant plus it smells so good.

Would love to hear if any of you have tried RMS Beauty or Tata Harper and what products you swear by!
 




11 comments:

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I just bought a ton of products in the Beauty Counter line and am loving them but I've always wanted to try Tata Harper too. Love those colors on you. I need that concealer!!!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

I just recently started trying to take better care of my skin. I've never been one who moisturizes and uses eye cream. That's so bad. I do now, though! Would love to try that Tata Harper!

KatiePerk said...

I started following RMS on instagram, and I have been loving their photos. The colors are so pretty.

The Chardonnay Kitchen said...

LOVE that Tata resurfacing mask!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE RMS Beauty products...and I've really been dying to try TaTa Harper because I've heard so many good things, but they are kind of pricey! I really want to start taking better care of my skin too!

All Dressed Up In Love said...

I need to try that eye cream!! After two kids the bags under my eyes are a travesty lol

Unknown said...

nice! i really want to try the Tata Harper line! xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a Graphic Image datebook giveaway on cornflake dreams

Christina said...

I use the Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum after I wash my face and I really like it. My husband doesn't love how it smells so I only use it in the morning but I think it smells good. I need to try the other products.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I seriously need to try this! I only hear great things about the line!

katie stevenson said...

LOOOVE all these products and am inspired to add to my array of RMS colors. THX, Natalie!!

Leigh said...

I have been wanting to use more organic products on my skin so this post is very timely! Can you tell me what color of un-concealer you use? We have similar skin tones. I think I need either 11 or 22.