Monday, August 3, 2015

Family Sushi Dinner + Cucumber Salad Recipe

When World Market contacted me about planning a dinner table scape I was ecstatic.  World Market has become my go-to for entertaining essentials.
 There is one not too far from our house and I find myself there often browsing their new arrivals.  They have an amazing wine selection too, especially Rose!

World Market has so many great plain everyday white dishes but I wanted something a little different.  Since Sterling has been so into sushi lately and now Frances loves it too, I decided some Asian inspired dished would be fun.

I have to say I am kind of obsessed with our sushi gear and I know we will be using these dishes often.
My parents happened to be in town this weekend so I invited them over for Sushi Night!



The plates were my starting point for the table.  I fell in love with the bright colors.  The bowls match the plates.
I always love Moroccan tea glasses.   The glasses come in 5 different colors, but I really liked the teal.  You really could serve any beverage in them but I love them for wine.

I use my table runner all the time and it was just reduced to 50% off and is now only $12!

Let's talk about food.  We obviously had more than 2 rolls of sushi, this was our starter course.  These rolls were mainly for the kids, we saved the good stuff for the adults.  The salad could not be easier. 

||  CUCUMBER SALAD ||
 You spiralize one English cucumber, and two carrots.  You could also thinly slice them if you don't have a spiralizer.  Add about half a bag of frozen edamame (thawed).  Drizzle with soy sauce and sesame seeds. So simple and we loved it. Plus the colors are gorgeous.


Sterling was super excited about our sushi night.
Oh and the wooden chopsticks are washable and reusable:)

Since we were doing sushi I went all out and bought sake too.
I just love the little sake carafe and glasses.
The whole set is under $8!


Frances wasn't quite sure how to use everything and had more fun stacking the dipper dishes.  She did however shock me and ate 5 pieces of sushi!

My adorable parents. I was so happy they could join us.
I think Sushi night will be a family tradition we will continue.


You can shop all the pieces I used below. 




Thanks to World Market for partnering on this post.  All opinions and thoughts are my own.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!! I love your set up and amazed that your kids eat the sushi too! How fun. Your table was perfection :)

Leslie said...

What a fun tablesetting! You did a great job pulling everything together.

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Beautiful tablescape! Looks like you all had so much fun and I love that the kids are the sushi too!