Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tasty Thursday


As most of you know I love to cook. If I had an infinite amount of money and time I would try out new recipes all the time. I love creating a dish from scratch and enjoying it! Every Thursday I am going to share a recipe that I love or have made that week. I have finally decided to buckle down and battle the last few pounds of my baby weight, so the recipe this week is a healthy one. This recipe comes compliments of my sister Taylor and we have made it many times. It is perfect for the summer! I made it this week and have been eating it everyday for lunch. It is a delicious and refreshing black-eyed pea salad.

BLACK EYED PEA SALAD

4 CUPS COOKED BLACK EYED PEAS (I USE THE CANNED ONES DRAINED AND RINSED)
2-3 SCALLIONS DICED
1 SMALL GREEN BELL PEPPER DICED
1 LARGE TOMATO, SEEDED AND CHOPPED
2-3 RIBS OF CELERY DICED
4 LARGE BASIL LEAVES CHOPPED (I USE MORE)
1/3 CUP OLIVE OIL
2 TBLS WHITE WINE VINEGAR
1 LARGE GARLIC CLOVE MINCED
1/2 TSP BLACK PEPPER
1/2 TSP SALT
1 TBLS HOT SAUCE (I USE TEXAS PETE AND USUALLY ADD MORE)

IN A SMALL BOWL WHISK OIL, VINEGAR, GARLIC, HOT SAUCE, SALT AND PEPPER. COMBINE THE PEAS WITH THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS AND THEN POUR THE DRESSING OVER. BEST IF CHILLED FOR 2 HOURS.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Brooke Hall said...

yum!! just copied recipe down! i love this idea of a recipe every thursday!! thanks girl! going to make for the 4th of july at the lake! xo