Monday, January 31, 2011

Parents, Parties, and Good Wine

I have been home for the last week visiting my parents and it has been wonderful! I love visiting them. My mom cooks, my dad makes me coffee every morning, they help out with Sterling, and they always have the best wine! Way better than what I can afford. I found a new favorite wine while trying out all their goodies, the Bianchi Cabernet. This is seriously good wine! You should definitely try this if you love Cabs. It is so smooth and tasty (sorry to tempt my preggo friends). I think it retails for about $30, out of my price range for daily drinking but maybe for a special occasion.

Sterling was majorly spoiled by my sister and parents! He loves all the attention he gets while we are home.



While I was home we also had an engagement party for my brother. I love an engagement party because its a great excuse to dress up. I decided to go with a sequined dress again (big surprise)! I tried to attempt a self portrait to show you my cute dress, but it didn't quite work out so well, but you get the idea!






The week and weekend were a fabulous time! Now its back to reality. It's Monday and I am solo at home with my little man and cheap wine!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to visit w/ your parents. Your son is adorable... love his name too! xo

caycee said...

Take me with you next time!!! You look beautiful as always, and I am loving those blonde roots ;)

Jill said...

You and your mom and sister look so much alike and are so pretty!! I am going to have to try your wine.

I love being at my parents house too!!!

and your dress is fab!!

Ruthie {Look Learn Love} said...

Congratulations on your brother! Beautiful dress, sequins are always the perfect choice :)

Tess said...

Love love love your dress! Where did you find it?

Brooke Hall said...

Sterling is so cute nat! I love that his teeth are perfect-law tons are so far apart, I am thinking he might have my buck teeth!!! ;) I am sure you had fun with the beavers-I love them!
Loved seeing you Thursday!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

HOT dress, Natalie!! Love it.

Alicia xoxxo said...

Looks like a great time! I always love going home! Sterling is beyond adorable!!! Love your dress!!!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Sterling is so cute with those long lashes! I am jello! Cute dress!

Megan said...

I love visiting my parents for the same reason; having my dad make me coffee every morning is a family ritual in my house too! What a fun trip!!

Pinot after Playdates said...

isn't weekday wine SO depressing after fun weekend drinking :( If time is any indication, you are going to age well-your mom looks great and all three of you are fabulous!

and I LOVE Sterling's after bath combed hair...that is always the best!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

LOVE your dress!

Michaela said...

Oh my my my, pretty lady. I love your dress! I hope you do a fashion post and link up with me on Friday because you're way to cute and stylish not to! Sterling is so cute, by the way...ah!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love that dress!

This weekend I had a $30 bottle of Zin (can't remember the kind). It tasted SO GOOD. So much better than my usual $12 bottle! lol

Gillian said...

Hi Natalie! I'm a friend of Jodi's (from Sprout), and she recommended I follow your blog. Just so you know, I'm enjoying it very much! Check out mine, too. Our little boys are very close in age... All the best!

www.markgillianaksel.blogspot.com

Mz E said...

Its alwz good to get out and spend time with family! You look JUST like your mom and your son reminds me of that cute lil boy off Stephen Kings "Pet Cemetary" *smile*
I havent really gotten into the cabs but I will see if I can find that kind of wine...Glad you enjoyed your week wit your family! *smile* Stay Blessed!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your dress -- super chic! i too ADORE nicole richie...she has come so far from her previous days of nose rings and crazy colored hair!

xo,
joAnn

The Daily Stroll said...

Hi Natalie! I have really enjoyed following your blog! :) Love the dress! Will defnitely have to check out that wine :)

emily said...

Your dress is gorgeous! Love it!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

AH! Love your dress! How did I miss this?? Adorable.

Lili said...

lovely lovely!

gorgeous dress on you!