Thursday, February 26, 2015

Charleston | Shop + Stay + Play



Happy Thursday Friends.  I have been meaning to do this post for awhile since I last did my favorite Charleston Eats Post.   I feel so lucky to call Charleston home.  It is such a fabulous city filled with so much historic charm, southern hospitality and fabulous food!  If you get the chance I highly recommend you visit Charleston.
I get a few emails a week from people wanting to know where to stay and what to do here while visiting.  Keep in mind there are so many things to do here, so many great shops and great places to stay,  these are just a few of my favorites.

|| S H O P ||

314 King Street
One of my favorite clothing shops in town, it is hard to leave here empty handed.  Stacy Smallwood, the owner does such a great job bringing cutting edge fashions to Charleston.


233 King Street
also located in Mt Pleasant ( 712 S Shelmore Blvd)
My favorite shop for the kids.  Filled with adorable clothes, toys, and gifts.


303 King Street
This shop is filled with all my favorite brands like Joie, Mara Hoffman, Tory Burch. You might remember my post about their Brown Box Club.  You must stop in if you are strolling King Street.


1630 Meeting Street
This off the beaten path and not walking distance from the main strip of downtown but worth a stop in.  They are a fabulous entertaining store.  I always pick up serving platters from here.

NOVEL
1630 Meeting Street
If you stop in Open Door Shop you must pop in Novel too, they are in the same building upstairs.  It is filled with The Library Collection By Lauren Lail,  Art by Way Way Allen and stationary by Liza Cleveland.


106 Church Street
If you love meat, cheese and good wine (like me) then you will be heaven in this shop. I have become addicted to it and stop in often for weekend appetizers.  They also make killer sandwiches at lunch if you luck up on one, but they sell out fast!

225 King Street
This adorable girls/women's store just opened here in December and I am already obsessed with it.  They have the cutest stuff ever, I am always buying Frances dresses here.  There are only two other locations in the US so stop in if you are in Charleston!


74 1/2 Cannon Street
If you love paper products like I do you will want to stop in this charming store.  It is filled with adorable cards, notepads, wrapping paper and ribbons.


875 Coleman Blvd
This home interiors store is in Mt Pleasant but if you are over that way you must stop in.  It is filled with the cutest home accents, art and decor.

1015 Johnnie Dodds Blvd
Another great home store in Mt Pleasant.  Filled with great furniture and accesories for the home.

335 King Street
If you love shoes, this is your store.  Right now they are running their buy one get one free sale.

322 King Street
I just stopped in this store this week and lets just say I am officially obsessed.  The most gorgeous Boho cover-ups, kids clothing, accessories (think gorgeous beaded necklaces and purses), and bedding!



|| S T A Y ||

19 Vendue Range
This was one of my favorite places to stay before we moved here.  The hotel was just recently redone and looks amazing.  Don't miss the rooftop bar and restaurant, The Drawing Room.


0 George Street

I have yet to stay at this boutique hotel but I am dying to!  I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the hotel and the service.  They have a restaurant on the property and offer cooking classes too!


225 East Bay

This hotel is worth it just for the rooftop pool and bar!   It is within walking distance to some great restaurants too.



205 Meeting Street

This hotel is right in the heart of downtown Charleston and walking distance to most shops and restaurants. 


PLANTERS INN
112 N Market Street
This hotel is located in the heart of Downtown too and home to the famous Peninsula Grill (they make the insane 12 layer coconut cake)!



P L A Y

The AQUARIUM
If you are traveling with kids, the aquarium here is awesome!


CARRIAGE RIDES
If you want to see more of Historic Charleston the Carriage Rides are such a fun way to see downtown.



THE ARTHUR RAVENEL JR BRIDGE
This is the bridge that connects downtown to Mt Pleasant.  If you want to see the city from a different view and get some exercise the bridge is great way to do that.  People walk and run this bridge everyday.   On a sunny day the views are pretty incredible.

 
USS YORKTOWN
If you have kids this is another fun activity to check out the USS Yorktown.

This is bit of a drive about 25-30 minutes from downtown but such a fun activity.  We did this last year for my birthday and had so much fun.  You get to tour where they make the Firefly Vodkas and do a tasting.  There is also a vineyard (Irvin House Vineyard) beside it where you can do wine tastings as well.  After our tour we bought a bottle of wine and sat on the property (its gorgeous) and drank it and listened to the live band.





16 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love love love Charleston.. If I could move there tomorrow I would.. My husband and I went there last year and we had so much fun.. I can't wait to come back. I love most of all the stores you posted about after seeing the pics reminds me of how bad I want to come back… Happy Thursday!!!

Gramspearls said...

Great overview of Charleston. My husband and I visit for two weeks every Fall. The first place we ever stayed was The Vendue Inn....before the renovation. It is so lovely now. You gave me some great new places to look for....thank you.

Warmly, Kathleen

Portuguese Prepster said...

There's a Roberta Roller Rabbit right near my office in NYC and let's just say it's dangerous! Her tunics are gorgeous. I love all your picks and will have to use this guide when I hopefully visit Charleston one day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! My sister is planning a wedding in Charleston, and my family is looking for fun things to see and do while staying there. Such a beautiful city! We've visited before, but this will be the first time with our son. I think he'll love the aquarium and USS Yorktown!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I need to visit Charleston one day, such a beautiful place with so much character!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Thank you so much for this. We're thinking about visiting in the Fall so this is great!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

two of my girlfriends go to Charleston every year for Christmas. They love it!

Keely said...

This is just fabulous! Thanks for taking the time to do this!!! Hope to be back in town around March
12ish...I would love to know about some of your fav antique/ thrift shops too if you have time. I can't wait to try Calllie's Biscuits also, their Instagram makes it look soooo good! Thanks again love!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a beutiful city!! A visit is definitely on my list. Thanks for the info.

Pink Flamingo Style said...

So glad you posted this!!! I've been dying for a Charleston Vacation for a long time...now I can just email this link to drop a big hint!!

Sidney Wagner said...

Hey girl-Thanks so much for listing Eclectic among your favorites! I am in good company! xo Sidney

Stephanie Chalk said...

This post could not have come at a better time! I'm planning a girl's weekend to Charleston in April and will be adding many of these shops and restaurants to our weekend plans! Xo, Stephanie

Unknown said...

great recommendations! there are still a few shops you listed that i NEED to visit :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

Thanks for including us in this awesome round up/

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Wahhhh..wish I hadn't read this! It's making me want to head back to Charleston (or move there) stat!

Unknown said...

Thank you, we are going to Seabrook next weekend for our Anniversary, cannot wait to check out some of these places:)

Lindsay