Monday, March 30, 2015

Scenes From Our Weekend

I don't know about ya'll but it was cold here this weekend!  At least cold for Charleston March standards.  Luckily the sun was out so it was at least gorgeous. Today starts Spring Break.  I am excited for a week with no real schedule!

Friday for lunch I decided I had to have some chips and queso.  I stopped by Barberitos for a kick ass burrito and cheese dip.  Their queso is some of my favorite.
Friday early evening I stopped by the Shop Buru Event.  Shop Buru is a fantastic website filled with all my favorite designers.  They travel with a van filled with clothes so you can shop in person. Frances Moon and I had a blast shopping.

I picked up the cutest tee shirt for Frances Moon.
Pants are from Tarjay.
I got myself this gorgeous Mara Hoffman Dress.
It is the perfect casual Summer Caftan Dress.  Also comes in a beautiful lavender color.

Friday night was ended in my pjs (which Matt said looked like I was going to jail) with a vodka cocktail and the rest of House of Cards, we powered through the 3rd season.  I liked it but not as much as the first two seasons.


Saturday I decided it was time for a run.   Everyone was doing the bridge run but I don't do bridges nor 6 miles, so I did my short run and caught a glimpse of some of the hard core bridge runners:)


After my run we headed to Sterling's first soccer game of the season.
I think little kids are just adorable in uniforms.

Then we hit up Smokey Oak for a delicious Southern lunch.
Their chicken tenders and sides were on point!

My brother was in town for the bridge run so we had him and his wife over for happy hour.  I don't get to see him nearly enough so it was great to catch up.
Wearing my Tassel Candy Shop Earrings that are a new favorite.

We ended the weekend some Rose and a sweet happy hour spread.
Serval of you wanted to know where I found my marble cheese board. I was lucky and scored this at TJMaxx but here are a few that are really similar that I like:
 

I made another recipe from Ina Garten's new cookbook | Parmesan Chive Smashed Potatoes. 
 It was so good.  Ina never disappoints.

1 pound mixed small Yukon Gold and red new potatoes, scrubbed
-Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
-3 tablespoons good olive oil
-½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
-2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
-Fleur de sel or sea salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the potatoes and 1 tablespoon salt in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 17 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a skewer. Drain the potatoes and place on a sheet pan. With a potato masher or metal measuring cup, press each potato until it’s about ½ inch thick (they will be messy). Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
Roast the potatoes for 25 to 30 minutes, turning once, until the skins have become nicely browned. Sprinkle the potatoes with the Parmesan cheese and roast for another 2 to 3 minutes, just until the cheese melts. Sprinkle the potatoes with the chives and fleur de sel and serve hot.






10 comments:

Ally- Life as I know it said...

That queso has me drooling! I know what I'm getting for lunch today! I love that Frances is hugging your leg in every picture. She's too cute!
Ally - Life as I know it

Christina said...

that pic of everyone in the van is making me laugh. so candid and cute. LOVE your blue top! xo

Chelsea said...

I love chips and cheese dip I could eat for every meal!!! How much fun clothes coming to you to shop :)

Unknown said...

Im a queso fanatic! Love that "cupcake" shirt on Frances!

Jenner said...

Details on the PJ's please! Love, Love, Love!!!!

Florence said...

Could you share where your blue top came from (in the pic with your brother). I love the colour! Thanks

kkunz said...

would love the details on the coral shirt at the top of the post, adorable!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I agree, I think this season of HOC wasn't as good as the others, still loved it, but the first two were better, more shocking.

Laurie said...

in love with that mara hoffman dress! I just ordered one of her jumpsuits but may have to get that too! Love the picture of you and FM in the van with wine in hand and her pulling at your leg - yall are the cutest!

eastcoastbird said...

Natalie, would you share where your ikat coral top( in the Shooburu) picture is from? Love it! Thanks!