Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Antipasto Kabobs + Minestrone Soup + Tea Collection Super Sale!

I shared both these food pictures on my instagram recently,  and had several requests for the recipes.  I figured I would go ahead and share both at once!  While I love my cookbooks I gain a lot of inspiration from pinterest.   I browse at least once a day looking for recipes and home decor ideas. Both these recipes came from there and I made a few changes.

I made these antipasto kabobs last weekend for a neighborhood oyster roast we attended and they were amazing.  I got several compliments on how good they were.  Plus they make a beautiful presentation.  They would be perfect to bring to a Super Bowl Party. After I made these I realized I forgot my artichoke hearts, so add those if you want but honestly they were fine without them.  I bought these skewers at World Market, sometimes the grocery store doesn't have the right sizes so you may have to check specialty stores.


A N T I P A S T O   K A B O B S 
Recipe adapted  via Inspired By Charm

- cherry tomatoes
- cheddar cheese cut into blocks
- salami
- green olives
- basil leaves
- cheese tortellini
- fresh mozzarella balls
- pesto

cook tortellini according to the package.  You can skewer in any order but I did cheddar cheese, salami, tortellini, green olive, basil, tomato and mozzarella.  Drizzle the kabobs with fresh pesto.  I added a little olive oil to thin about my pesto a bit.


....................................................................

This soup is perfect for all the cold weather we have been having.  Best part is it is made in the crock pot, so you just toss in all your ingredients and let it do the work.  As far as veggie meals go this was actually very flavorful.  We served ours with cornbread.




M I N E S T R O N E  S O U P

INGREDIENTS

- 1 small onion diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup green beans
 - 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 6-8 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup macaroni noodles
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Place onions, carrots, celery, garlic, kidney beans, cannelloni beans, green beans, bay leaves, basil and oregano in slow cooker.  Add in diced tomatoes and 6 cups broth. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
About 45 minutes before the time is done, add in noodles, red pepper flakes, and zucchini.  Stir in parmesan cheese right before serving and sprinkle more on top of bowls.


..................................................................
For all you Moms Tea Collection is having a major sale.  I am talking tee shirts are $7 and PJs are $14.  I just stocked up for both the kids. The sale only lasts 2 more days so shop early for the best size selection.  The quality of Tea clothing is amazing.  They wash and wear so well and I always love the fun patterns and prints they come out with.  Sterling loves their graphic tee shirts and I would equate their pjs to being similar to Hanna Andersson in quality!   I ordered quite a few of the items pictured below, scroll through to see them all.  You can view all the sale HERE








2 comments:

steph said...

Thanks for all the wonderful recipes! They are always easy and delicious. I've printed off several of them and looking forward to trying some of them soon.

Carolyn said...

I just ordered so much from Tea Collection! Thank you for the heads up on the sale!!