Monday, January 4, 2016

Life Lately

Happy First Monday of 2016! While I enjoyed every minute of the holidays with my family I am so ready to get back in a routine!  I had lots of down time and feel refreshed and ready to get organized and tackle the New Year!


For Christmas my sister gave me a new yoga mat and the large size S'well bottle.  I have been enjoying both.  My old yoga mat sucked.  It was old and worn out and offered no traction, so far I am loving this one.  I especially love the cool pattern.

I definitely gained a few pounds over the holidays so I have been trying to get back on track with my healthy eating.  I made my favorite Chopped Greek Salad last week.  If you assemble it like this is lasts longer and doesn't get soggy.

I mentioned before but sister had her second baby last week.  They named him Rutledge and I have been loving all the sweet pictures of him.  We are going to try and head home next weekend to meet him! I love newborn snuggles.

After so many days of rain the sun finally came out last week for a few days.  The kids and I enjoyed some time near the water.  We were all needing some Vitamin D.


We had some friends in town visiting from New York and went out for dinner and drinks.We ate at The grocery, still one of my favorite restaurants in town.


The kids were so excited about New Year's Eve this year.  Normally we stay in and celebrate with them but this year we actually made plans.  I bought a bunch of fun hats and sparkling cider and let them enjoy it with us before we went out:)


We went out to dinner with two other couples for New Year's Eve and had so much fun!  A fun tradition I hope we keep up!




New Year's day it was rainy and dreary so we just relaxed all day.  We did enjoy the standard New Year meal of collard greens, black eyed peas, mac and cheese and Ina Garten's Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread.  This Cornbread is seriously amazing.

I have been living in this sweater lately.  I love the fun print and it is currently on sale 40% making it only $40. It is super cute with leggings and a tee or jeans.
Sizing wise it runs TTS.  I am wearing a small.


We burned our Christmas Tree.  It is a very redneck tradition that our kids love.

Made the easiest appetizer ever.  3 ingredients : Dates + Gruyere + Bacon.  Stuff the dates with the cheese and wrap with bacon and bake at 350 degrees about 10-15 minutes until cheese melts and bacon is crispy.

Lily Lovers don't miss out the Lily sale starts today!  
You can shop HERE.  
I am loving so many of the little girl outfits and their Resort Wear.
Here is to a great first week in 2016!






4 comments:

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Happy new year friend! Looks like you all had a great NYE and weekend! That cornbread looks so good. Yum. Of course now that I'm trying to diet everything looks good lol

Kimm said...

I'm looking forward to trying some of your recipes this year. They all look fabulous !

KatiePerk said...

I dig the leopard dress. I am glad it is getting chilly here finally. I make the dates with blue cheese usually. Will have to try the gruyere .

eastcoastbird said...

We totally burn our tree too! Every year it makes me want to go the artificial route the next year...so scary just how fast they burn!!