Monday, February 8, 2016

Scenes From Our Weekend

We honestly didn't do too much this weekend.  The weather was cold and rainy both Saturday and Sunday so we spent a lot of time indoors.  

Friday night we had one of our neighbors over for happy hour.   I had forgotten how good Brad and Angelina's wine Miraval was.  It is a little pricier than what I normally like to spend on a bottle but so good!  

Friday morning I hit up TJmaxx and was thrilled when I found this Alexis Bittar ring on clearance for $20! I love when I find a good deal like that.

I also scored these baskets.  I had been looking for some large ones to store toys in.

Saturday I took the kids to get doughnuts before my gym class.  Calories don't count on the weekend, right?  The kids were so excited about the Panther's doughnuts.
I had to laugh because both Sterling and Frances wanted to wear workout clothes like mommy to the gym.  This is what they came up with.

Frances is bathing suit obsessed lately and wants to wear them on everyday.
This horse one is from the Gap, use code GAMEON for 40% off.

Saturday night Matt and I binge watched MadMen and cooked veggie hot dogs.  Several of you asked what brand veggie dogs we like.  We have tried two brands Smartdogs and Tofurkey Dogs and we much prefer the Smartdogs.  With veggie dogs you can't grill them they fall apart, so you have to boil them. We actually really liked the Smartdogs and if you put enough toppings on you really don't miss the meat. 

Since Sunday was such a gross rainy day, I took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda 3.  I didn't realize it was the 3D version til we got there.  Which was fine for Sterling but not Frances, she did not want to keep the glasses on.  Sterling is great at movies but Frances was a whole other story.  She was good and still for about 30 minutes and then she was all over the place.  Climbing stairs and chairs = not relaxing for Mom.  The movie however was really cute, I highly recommend it.

That night we went to a Super Bowl Party at our good friend's house.  I made the Kettle Chip Crusted Poppers I mentioned last week.  They were really good.  I made a few changes to the recipe and left out cilantro , sometimes it is too powerful a taste for me and I used green onions instead of white.
Only picture we snapped. Matt is more excited than he looks and Frances clearly did not want us leaving.
Lastly Loft is offering 30% off all dresses, no code needed.   I love this stripe one I bought a few weeks ago.  The material is thicker which I like and not clingy at all.  I just ordered this one, love the colors.
Twine and Twig is also offering 25% off site wide with code BEMINE!


Have a fabulous Monday!





3 comments:

Jenifer said...

If you can find them by you, Field Roast makes the best veggie hot dogs and sausages. Even my non-veggie lover brother eats them. Apple sage is the best. Enjoy!
http://fieldroast.com/product/frankfurters-service/

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

Where is your blue coat from? Love it!!

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me! Love Frances' outfit for the gym lolol. When my sister was two she was obsessed with bathing suits and wore one everyday under her clothes. It's so funny to laugh about now but drove my mom crazy at times back then. Toddlers are too much!