Thursday, June 30, 2016

Style Files Vol 12 | My Dad's Modeling Debut :)

Today I talked my Dad into modeling with me for my post.   I usually use Matt for my men's posts but I thought my Dad needed a feature since June is his birthday month and Father's Day.  I can't say enough great things about my Dad.  He is hard working, loving, funny, compassionate and most of all an amazing Dad- and model:)  and did I mention he knows how to build and fix anything??  I always put him to work at my house when he visits.  The older I get the more I appreciate and realize all that he does for us and I truly love spending time with he and my mom.  

My Outfit | Dress | Sandals


If you are looking for gift or just a new style button up for the guys I really love this one my Dad is wearing.  My mom gave him this as a gift last year for his Birthday and it is still a favorite.  It is a linen blend so it is lightweight,  great for the Summer months and into Fall.

Dad is wearing the white color but it also comes in 3 different pale blue options.
I also really like this indigo version.

The shirt runs pretty true to size my Dad is in the XX-large, he is pretty tall guy at 6'6 so that is his standard size. 

Love this big guy so much!  He makes a pretty handsome model I must say. 
and my favorite picture,  the thinker pose- haha! 


The Nordstrom Men's Designer Collection has some really great options for pre-fall.  I like that these are pieces you can wear now and into Fall.   

mens pre fall

Button up | Driving Shoes | Tee | Jacket
Shorts | Bowtie | Card Holder | Wallet 
Stripe Tie | Check Tie | Polo | Shorts

I also wanted to mention my dress, it is the same dress I packed and wore while in St Maarten.  For fit it runs TTS, I am wearing a size small.  It is fully lined and what I really love about it is the tiered bottom and pattern.  It makes for a fun and easy dress.  It has been on repeat lately as it is perfect to toss on with flip flops and run errands and also dress up at night.
DVF Dress

You can shop our looks and my other men's favorites below!  As always Nordstrom offers free shipping, free returns and will price match!  Don't forget the Anniversary Sale aka my favorite sale of the year starts early for card holders on the July 14th.  If you are not a card holder you can sign up here and gain early access to the sale a week before everyone else.



Big thanks to my Dad for modeling and Nordstrom for partnering on this post!




5 comments:

R's Rue said...

So sweet.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

natasha {schue love} said...

Your dad is TOO cute!

Julie said...

Your dad is precious. What a good sport.

Julia said...

your dad is absolutely precious :)

Unknown said...

I just love this dress! Your Dad is the best, love the outfit and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Erin, Attention to Darling
www.attentiontodarling.com