Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Lentil Taco Salad + OOTD's Restocked on Sale


I am always trying to think of fun vegetarian spins on meals we love.  I love any and all Mexican food and since I have been trying hard to cut back on carbs I knew I wanted a good salad for dinner last week.  I decided to sub beans in place of the taco meat and it was off the hook good.  The key is to use dried beans and slow cook them and then season them as you would your taco meat.  I absolutely loved this salad and will be making it again!
Enjoy!

L E N T I L  T A C O  S A L A D 

- 1 cup dried lentils cooked according to package
- taco seasning (see below for recipe)
- shredded romaine lettuce
- chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado diced, sprinkled with salt and lemon juice
- 3 ears corn, cooked and shucked
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced soaked on ice water for 10 minutes
- 2 jalapenos sliced thinly
- Goddess dressing- I buy this at a local restaurant but also like the Annie's Organic Brand
- salsa and hot sauce for serving.

Cook the lentils according to the package and then season with taco seasoning.
I use this recipe to make my own:

[TACO SEASONING]
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

The beans will be spicy so add less of this seasoning if you don't want them quite as spicy.  

Boil the corn for about 15 minutes and then shuck it.  

Assemble all ingredients in a large bowl and then have everyone serve their individual bowls to their liking.

.......................................................
I wanted to share a few of my recent outfits that are now reduced.

I love the pattern on this blouse and the fun flirty style.  I wore this floral blouse yesterday paired with my Twine and Twig Necklace.  I love the color combination of pink, blue and purples.  Runs slightly on the large side so if you are between sizes, size down.  I am wearing an XS.

My Trina Turk suit is back in stock in only a few sizes.  It is still part of the Anniversary sale which ends the 8th.

One of my favorite beach Cover-ups is now reduced.  It also comes in a pretty blue color!  I am wearing a size XS. 

Such a great embroidered dress.  Runs TTS.

Size down as these stretch quite a bit, I have a small in this style.

Now 50% off making it only $27. I am wearing a size small.

Now 50% off.

Scroll through to see some other items just marked down at Shopbop.












No comments: