Happy Thursday. It's that time again for mom confessions. Keeping it real.
- I took Frances to get her first manicure yesterday. I was so excited to share this moment with her and do something girly. She loves to paint her nails at home so I knew she would love it. She did great but while we were there she kept saying "what is that smell? " I kept
telling her its just the nail polish or the remover. Then she starts dying laughing and goes I know what that smell is it's my fanny. She then keeps proceeding to say very loudly that her fanny smells.
Then the guy doing my nails looks at Frances and goes tell your Mommy you need an Asian brother. I started laughing uncomfortably and he kept repeating it. When we left he goes tell your daddy your Mom wants an Asian brother- I was like well that was a weird and uncomfortable manicure.
- We went to the library this week, a favorite activity for the kids. I always let the kids pick out a few books and a movie or two. Frances brought me the movie below and said she wanted to check it out. I was like ummm no this is a grown up movie. She starts crying and screaming very loudly throwing a full on tantrum. She then tells me it's her favorite movie because the old man gets hit in the face- say what????
- I can't stop watching Bachelor in Paradise. I don't even like any of the people on the show but for some reason it just hooks me in. It is horrible tv and so cheesy but so good. I have no shame in my love for bad reality tv.
- I am so over trying to diet. I have only lost 4 pounds so far. It is nuts how easy it is to gain weight and how hard it is to lose it. It has been so hard not eating the kid's extra goldfish or dinner and last night I baked them cookies and I just stood there and smelled them for 5 minutes since I wouldn't let myself eat one.
- I am loving instastories so much. To be honest I could never figure out snapchat. I had the hardest time figuring out how to follow people and see their stories. I chalked it up to the fact that I was old and lazy but instastories is so much easier. I love seeing peeks into other's lives and sharing more of ours. I like that it is a little more real than all the staged pictures on instagram, you get to know people and their personalities better. Although in just a few days it has become quite the addiction:)
If you don't know how to see my instastories just go to my instagram page @snoopnattynat and click on my round profile picture and you can watch what I have posted.
- I have recently noticed I have major armpit flab. You know what I am talking about the skin that hangs over your bra and sports bra. How the heck do I rid myself of this????
- I am starting to become Rose obsessed. It is the only wine I want to drink lately. I need to branch back out and try some other kinds but I just love it too much. I even have Matt hooked on it too.
- I secretly love watching the men's diving and swimming on the Olympics. Their bodies are insane and their bathing suits are so small. I just read the funniest article about how the black bars at the bottom make it look like they are censored porn- haha. You can see the article here with more hilarious photos.
- I got dressed the other night to go out to dinner with my mom and sister and before we left Sterling goes that dress is way too Summery. It is just not right for your dinner. I was laughing at this point and said well it is still Summer. He goes you need to be wearing that on a sailboat or yacht. I said well if only I was invited on a yacht- I would:)
- That same night they had a new babysitter since we were in Charlotte. We used my nephew's teacher who is just the sweetest and was amazing with the kids. At the end of the night she sends me a video and it is Frances telling her she has big boobies. Watch and enjoy:)
- I bought these chewy melatonin pills to take at night before I go to bed in hopes that they would help me sleep. Well the two nights I took them I had the worst dreams ever. I had one dream that I killed someone and I was trying to cover up what I did. It was so scary. I asked Matt and he said the same thing had happened to him and he had really strange dreams too after taking it. Adios melatonin I would rather not sleep that great than have creepy dreams.
- Sterling and Frances Moon's new favorite activity is to empty every toy bin in the house and then tell me they are bored.
side note: Frances just looked at this picture while I was typing and goes " get all the toys out, can we do that again now?"
- We took Frances to the urgent care last weekend because I was afraid she had broken her wrist luckily it was fine. While we were there Sterling goes " I love this place, we should really come here more often." The nurses were dying laughing and said well that is a comment we have never heard before.
- 3 weeks ago one of my sister's best friends died. Then I found out a good friend had cancer. I have been so pre occupied with death lately and dying. It is all consuming to me right now and scary how how short life can be.
Lastly, this is so true. My kids have had major tantrums lately if we go to a store and I don't buy them anything. Even at the grocery store they want some sort of a trinket and I am over it. I am trying to teach them they do not get something in every store we go in and it has been hard. Lots of tears and screaming and telling me I am a mean mom and the worst mom ever.