Friday, September 23, 2016

Dressing Room Diaries | Loft

TGIF friends.  I am excited it is the weekend finally.  Not sure why but this has just been one of those weeks that has dragged by.  We don't really have any plans this weekend either which is nice.  The kids want to see that new Stork movie so we may do that one day. 

Today I want to start a new series called Dressing Room Diaries.  My sister kind of inspired this series.  She works in an office full time and doesn't have the time like I do to go shop, so my mom and I frequently shop her.  She is easy because she usually always likes the same stuff I like.  While I am out shopping I always take pics in the dressing room and text them to her to see if she likes how it looks on.  That way she can see how it fits and if she wants me to buy it for her or not.  

That is what this series will be.  I will weed through the stuff in the store and try on what I think are the best buys and show you guys how they fit.  I will probably do this every few weeks.  If you have a request for a store you would like me to feature shoot me an email or leave a comment!  

Today is all about Loft.  A store I have really come to love lately.  The prices are great and if you dig you can find some really cute stuff.  Right now everything is 30% or 40% off if you have a store card.   Don't forget to use code SHOPSMART when you check out.  
Below are the items I tried on, I tried to denote sizing and fit.  

When I put this sweater on I knew it was a keeper.  The material is so nice.  It is lightweight and so soft.   This also comes in a silver gray color as well that I really wanted but my store didn't have my size.  I am wearing the XS. It ran slightly on the large side.  


This sweater was so cozy.  It is a bit too thick for here in Charleston.  We don't get a ton of really cold days so I wasn't sure how often I would actually wear it.  If you live somewhere with lots of cold weather this is perfect.  I am wearing the XS.  Honestly this would be perfect just to toss on over lounge clothes at home too. 


This dress would be perfect for work or church.  I like the shift style and geometric pattern.   I am wearing the small, it runs pretty TTS. 

I really liked the loose flirty fit of this dress.  The pop of orange would be great for any of you Clemson fans.  I am wearing a size small.  I would pair this with a long necklace and booties. 


I love the loose oversize fit of this poncho sweater.  It is a thin lightweight knit which is perfect for right now.  I would wear it with skinny jeans and booties.  You could also wear it with leggings too because it is fairly long.  I am wearing the XS, runs on the large side. 

I really liked this pale pink color.   This was a thicker sweater material but not bulky.   I am wearing a size small.  It also comes in navy. 


This and the first pink sweater were probably my two favorites.   I am sucker for a blouse and I especially love the print on this one.   I am wearing a size small.  I would pair it with jeans but it would be great for work paired with black or cream slacks. 

For fun I tried it on with the matching skirt.  This is not an outfit I would normally wear but it was cuter on than I thought.  I love the idea of the matching pieces for a work wardrobe because you can also wear each piece separately or together.  I am in a size 4 in the skirt, it runs TTS.

I am always a sucker for a white blouse.  This one is fully lined and I liked the peplum style and textured stripes.  It was very wrinkly in store so would probably look better steamed.  I am wearing a small.

I actually wore my stripe peplum top to the store yesterday.  I brought my receipt back to get a price adjustment and I was so happy when my new total was $16 for this tee!  Loft will always do a price adjustment if it is within 7 days.  I can't say enough great things about this tee.  Here it is styled with shorts and jeans.  I am wearing a size small.



I love the colors in this blouse for Fall and the fact that it is a bit longer.  I think it would look great with black skinny pants too. 

This is another keeper that I took home with me.  I really liked the ruffled detail and it is made of the softest chambray material.  I am wearing a size small.  The XS fit but I liked that the small was a bit longer.  

I always love a lace blouse and this navy is perfect for Fall.  It does not come lined or with a camisole so you will need one of your own.  I am wearing the XS.

Let me know what stores you would like to see next!  You can shop all these looks below too:)





6 comments:

natasha {schue love} said...

Love this idea for a series!!

Unknown said...

Such a great idea and nice of you to do to help your sister and followers out. My mom texted me in the Loft last night and said look at Natalie's Instagram at the chambray top and see if you like and then she showed me a pic in the dressing room of it on and I loved it!

Nickie said...

Great idea for a series!! I too work in an office and combined with the fact that I live in a small town, I don't have a lot of shopping options or free time to search the net. I DO read your blog daily so this will be a great way to do a bit of shopping too. ;)

eastcoastbird said...

Love this! Question, what are the different jeans you are wearing in the photos? Are they LOFT? Thank you!

Anonymous said...

This is a great series! Maybe one at Gap, Banana, J Crew or Madewell would be awesome.

Unknown said...

love this!! Would love Anthro and madewell too!!