Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Chopped White Bean + Radiccho Salad | Booties on Sale


It is no secret round here that I love a salad.  Like seriously some of my favorite meals are salads.  I made this recently and let me tell you the flavor combination was amazing.  Something about the bitterness of the radicchio, the tartness of the apples, the saltiness of the olives and sweetness of the candied walnuts was just the perfect combination.   Such a light and refreshing salad but filling at the same time! 
Enjoy!


|| C H O P P E D  R A D I C C H I O   S A L A D ||

Adapted via Food with Friends

- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 head radicchio, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup green olives pitted and chopped
- 1 can white beans Cannellini or Great White Northern, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 small green apple julienned
- Candied Walnuts (I used the kind in the bag)

In a bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mayo, garlic and salt and pepper to taste and until dressing is emulsified.   Add radicchio, beans, olives, onion, pecorino, and apples.  Toss all together.

Add the candied walnuts last and mix all together.   Optional add fresh parsley too.

..........................................
I wanted to share these short booties that are now on sale and under $100.   I wear mine often.  They are so comfortable.  They run TTS and come in 3 colors.  I am wearing the tan nubuck.  You can wear low ankle socks with these although sometimes I don't wear any socks!










1 comment:

halcyondays said...

Wow, this salad is amazing! This will be my go to salad, thanks for sharing.