Thursday, August 28, 2014

6 Basics for Fall

I wanted to do a list of Fall Basics.  I got a request for this type of post and it made me so excited.   Fall is by far my favorite season.  I love the weather and love the clothes. I seriously get excited about dressing for Fall.  I may do a part two to this list with accessories but ran out of time for this post- it is hard getting posts done with Sterling out of school!

ONE || JEANS
I am still really into the Distressed look.  I actually own all three pairs of jeans below.  They are staples in my closet year round really.  I would say I have found JBrand and Rag and Bone Jeans fit my body best.  They don't stretch too much, sit higher up, and suck you in for a flattering fit.  The Rag and Bone Skinny Jeans are great if you need just a classic well fitting pair of skinny jeans, totally worth the money.

jeans


TWO || BLOUSES
It is no secret I am a blouse hoarder.  I can't get enough of them.  They are my daily uniform.  I love them paired with shorts or jeans.  Come Fall I am in blouses almost daily.  I get a lot of questions about dry cleaning and the truth is I wear my blouses several times before I dry clean them. That way you aren't spending too much at the dry cleaners, as long as there are no big stains or the arm pits don't stink I keep wearing them.  I tend to gravitate towards floral blouses but I also love a great Chambray blouse- it looks great with black or colored jeans.

blouses

Joie Blouse | Rebecca Taylor Blouse ( on sale) | Equipment Blouse (on sale)

 THREE || SHIFT DRESS
I love a shift dress because you can wear it so many different ways.  Toss it on with flats, knee high boots or tights and booties and you have three different looks.   I own the middle dress and actually just ordered the first one after seeing Liz look so amazing in it.  The BB Dakota Dress is such a great price and comes in black too.
 
DRESS

Joie Dress | Equipment DressBB Dakota Dress

FOUR || DRAPE FRONT JACKET

This is my favorite style jacket.  Major love.  I own a Vince jacket in this style and wear it often.  The two BB Dakota versions below are on my wish list, gorgeous jackets and a great price point!

jackets


FIVE || VEST
I love a vest for Fall.  It is fun way to jazz up a plain tee shirt.  It make can make a boring outfit pop.
VEST

Velvet by Graham and Spencer Vest | BB Dakota Vest Free People Vest

SIX || BOOTIES
I own the Harrow booties, I bought them on sale last year and have to say they are worth the money.  Great fit, comfortable and I find they go with everything.  I love the lower heel and price point of the Sam Edleman Booties, really considering them in the taupe color.  I have seen a lot of celebrities rocking the Rachel Comey ones which of course makes me want a pair of them:)

SHOES




15 comments:

Melissa W. said...

LOVE THIS POST!!!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

That graham and spencer vest is everything!!!!!

caycee said...

You kill it for fall fashion!! You always look flawless.... now give mt your long legs and booties ;)

Unknown said...

Pretty much my exact fall staples...minus a few bump friendly pieces!! And I'm still smitten with that vest and dying to buy some new jeans once this little one comes!!

Anonymous said...

I am really into floral blouses and fringe booties this year! Both are totally on my shopping list over the next couple of months!

Xo,L
simplylowcountry.com

Leslie said...

I really need more blouses. For me my fall staples are tights and ballet flats. It's always tough to transition to colder wather.

Unknown said...

i love those booties! i cant wait to start wearing fall clothes :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Leigh said...

I love this! I love your style. I can always count on you to feature items I can wear to my job and on weekends running errands with the kiddos (while looking amazing).

Unknown said...

You blog about the Rag and Bone booties at least once a week. Something new PLEASE!!!

linda said...

Please step away from the shopping just a bit ! You are a model- gorgeous woman ! Even NYC wives married to hedge fund managers don't shop as much as you do. Enjoy your beautiful family ......... Perhaps you could channel your love of fashion by being a stylist on photo shoots ? Anyway, love your blog and style.
- Linda

Unknown said...

I dont understand why people take the time to put negative comments up - if you dont like the topic she posts about that day - then dont read it and go on with you life! why take time out of your day to comment something negative. Its so weird to me. Who has time and energy to do that??

I happen to love these posts and purchased 2 of these fall staples today after reading. Keep posting and ladies understand this is HER blog to write about what she wants!!!!!!!

linda said...

I didn't mean to be rude.... So sorry , please delete my comments. Love your style and you clearly love fashion and have a flair for it, not to mention clothes look great on you. Love your blog. I didn't think it was negative , just makes me nervous , I guess is the best way to put it? Anyway, you are super talented and have a real point of view and eye for fashion.
- Linda

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Fall is my Fave too! Can't live w/o my leopard print scarf!
-Megan
Beau Vie Blog

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.