Friday, August 29, 2014

Life Lately

Happy Friday Y'all!!  I am so excited for the long weekend, my family is here plus one of Matt's best friends is staying with us this weekend.  It will be a busy weekend but a fun one!!  So for the past week I have been sick, I finally went to the doctor Tuesday and was diagnosed with bronchitis, a sinus infection + an asthma flare up.  Anyone who knows me well, knows I don't go to the doctor unless I am bad off, I hate medicine but in this case thank goodness for modern medicine I am finally feeling better and on the road to recovery!!  Being sick and taking care of two little kids is hard!

While I was sick, I decided I needed some homemade muffins to feel better.  I made these Zucchini Carrot and Coconut Muffins- recipe HERE.  I forgot how good these babies were!


I have three new make-up items to share I am loving.  
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner- I am a big fan of pencil eyeliners.  This one works great, goes on well and even. 
Chanel Eyeshadow-  this is my first Chanel eyeshadow and I have to say I love it.  You can wear it light during the day or do a great smokey eye at night.  I have the sable color combo.
Burts Bees Deep Pore Scrub- this stuff is amazing for exfoliating.  I use it with my clarisonic in the shower about every other day.  


I am a huge fan of May books.  I love to use them for my to-do lists.  I usually keep one at home beside my desk and one in my purse.  Lately Sterling has gotten really into drawing too so I ordered him his own book for doodles back when they had the 40% off sale.  He keeps it on his night table and draws before bed, it is so cute.


If you have not signed up for it yet, you must sign up for the Skimm.  It is a great daily newsletter that is emailed to you every morning and it includes a brief version of all the latest news around the world.  I just love it, it makes me feel updated on all the current events and I don't have to read a huge long article. Sign up Here.



I have been loving my JCrew laser cut shirt I blogged about last week.  I wore it twice this week.  Use code WEEKEND to get 40% off.  It runs large order down a size and several of you asked if it was cropped, and it is not cropped at all, I am almost 5'10 and the length is fine.  It comes to $35 with the discount!
and The House of Harlow Sunburst Necklace is one of my favorites, it goes with everything.  Right now it is on major sale (50% off in an olive snakeskin color) here


Right now at Nordstrom a lot of their House of Harlow jewelry is 50% off.  I love this sharks tooth necklace.  It was $72, down to $35- such a great price.  You could wear it alone or layer it with a longer pendant necklace.


Sterling went to his first soccer practice this week and he did so well.  I was a proud Mama.  He knew no one on his team which is hard for him sometimes but he got out there and played really well


I recently ordered this book, The Glow.  It is filled with such inspiring stories from moms about childbirth and after.  I have really enjoyed reading.  This would make a great gift for an expectant Mom.


Frances is not yet crawling but has started to get pretty mobile.  I thought of this genius idea to contain her while we had happy hour outside. She loved being in the laundry bin and thought it was so funny.


We enjoyed a new tequila (to us) that we loved.  Muy Bueno!


 Milk and Honey Luxuries was so sweet to send us this adorable spoon.  Sterling and I say this everyday to each other so the spoon was very fitting.  I am now kind of obsessed with her shop and adorable spoons.  Shop her Etsy site HERE.
And speaking of cereal that is the Publix version of Captain Crunch or Monkey cereal as Sterling calls it and it is good for like half the price!


I took Sterling and Frances plant shopping with me.  If you have kids Hyams Garden Store is such a great activity.  They love riding on the carts and feeding the koi fish.  Then I get to browse their gorgeous garden selection.



I hope everyone has a fantastic Labor Day Weekend!!
A few Labor Day sales to note:

Tory Burch you can save up to 30% off your order.  Use code LABORDAY14
I am kind of obsessed with this horse blouse.  A few of my favorite new arrivals below.


Lulu and Georgia is offering 25% off the whole site use code LABORDAY25

Kendra Scott is offering 15% off the whole site.  I love my Rayne Necklace.

JCrew is offering 40% off all sale, use code WEEKEND.  A great time to snag this Pom-Pom shirt and spike bracelet- I love mine!

Furbish Studio is offering 15% off everything.  Use code ENDOFSUMMER.

CWonder is offering 30% off all full priced items.  I just adore these gold print animal glasses.

The Zhush is offering 20% off site wide use code LABORDAY2014.  I really want this coffee mug.

Shop Buru is offering 25% off all purchases , use code LABORDAY. I am tempted to buy this Mara Hoffman Dress, I love the snake print!!

Singer22 is offering up to 20% off, use code LABOR14.  I can't stop thinking about this coat, want it for Fall.




16 comments:

E Hayes said...

My mom used to work for Chanel, their products really are worth the $, such great quality. I love that face was too, but I always feel like pencil liners end up under my eyes an hour later need to learn how to stop that! Def trying the muffin recipe since I'm a muffin addict and love Frances in the laundry basket. I've been trying to use one to contain K in the tub but it doesn't really work :( she's like a slippery fish! Glad you are feeling better, I'm either getting hit w allergies or coming down w something myself... Sucks!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

So sorry you're so sick. That's the pits! I've been taking copious amts of Vitamin C to ward off everyone's crud! I need to try that eye-liner. I prefer pencil liners too but they always run on me during the summer.

Emily Satzger said...

Chanel makes great eye makeup, I've used it for years. I just recently switched to change it up, but I have sworn by their quads.

I honestly wake up looking forward to reading The Skimm each morning.

I am in love with that bright pink fleming bag from Tory, it's the pefect pink.

Love your blog :)

Emily from F is for

Mel G said...

Ha! We definitely rocked the laundry basket with Gray. Too funny! You should throw your Pack N Play outside and fill that bad boy with toys!

KatiePerk said...

I am digging the skimm too. We drank that Don Julio in Mexico! I liked it. Hope you are feeling better. FM in the basket is presh.

Unknown said...

I just want to say I love your blog! I may have to snag that J Crew now that it's on major sale! I hope that you start feeling better so that you can enjoy this weekend with your family. I made your wedge salads the other night and they were delicious! I love all of your posts. Keep doing your thing because your great at it. Have a Blessed weekend!!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Ok- ordering that top! We are going to a lot of Clemson games this year and I have zero orange things in my closet. Was waiting for it to go an extra 40% off. Thanks for the update! You wear it well!

Happy long weekend!

Kathleen {Life With Red} said...

I've been loving the skimm since Amy Florez turned me on to it!

How do you like using the scrub with your clarisonic, I used to use the St Ives one every once and a while and then I found the scrubbers were junking up my clarisonic head! It could have just been that specific scrub though!

Jillian said...

i love love that eyeliner! and that spoon is too cute. the skimm is my favorite way to keep up with whats going on in the world :) great picks! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Melissa W. said...

I need to get the cleats (sp) to you!! Will you email me your address again, please? Mottiemel@aol.com

Christina said...

omg the pic w/ sterling in the background wearing the scarf! hahaaha i love it so much! happy weekend darling!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Glad you're on the mend! And now I want some Cap'n Crunch!

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Those May Design notebooks are super cute! I am going to have to order some.

Courtney said...

I have followed your blog for a while and literally make at least two of your recipes as week! I just got around to reading yesterday's post and thought it was so fun to have you mention May Books! That is my cousin's company! Small world! Anyway, love your blog and your fashion/recipes! Love it all.... keep it up!:)

Unknown said...

Such a great post! :) ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

Do you want to follow each other on instagram? I'm @chicstreetchoc! Thank uuu
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
CHIC STREET CHOC

Georgia Milton said...

I'm using the Channel make up too and can say that it's really worth it!
Tenancy cleaners Kingston