Thursday, August 21, 2014

Lets Get Random

Today is a hodge podge of randomness get ready.

Please order the laser cut shirt from JCREW.  Mine arrived and I love it.  This is a great pregnancy top as well, super loose.  Runs way on the large side so order down.  I am wearing a size 2 and might could have fit in a 0.  It is on sale with additional 25 % off right now, use code SHOPNOW.  The navy is so great for Fall, but it also comes in a great coral color.


You might have noticed my new phone case.  Thanks to Pretty Smitten I am the proud owner of a personalized case with a Flamingo, my favorite!! If you have not checked out Pretty Smitten you must, her shop is awesome.  Her phone cases are the best.


Is it true that Chris Martin and Jennifer Lawrence are seeing each other?  I don't really picture them together.  She seems very different from Gwennie which I guess he wants. I don't see her being into a man with two kids either she is so young. Still baffled.  Discuss.


I am really digging Taylor Swift's new song- Shake it Off.  Go ahead and laugh at me but that song is good.  Added it to my running playlist.


We grew up eating tuna melts fairly often.  I have just gotten back into making them.  They are the easiest dinner ever.  
To make the tuna:  2 cans solid white tuna, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 white onion diced,  mayo, and sweet relish.  Mix all together and season well with salt and pepper.  Spread on bread and top with 1000 Island dressing and American Cheese.  Bake at 350 about 10 minutes and enjoy!


I am really into navy for Fall.  My Gigi New York Navy clutch arrived and I can't wait to carry it.
It goes perfectly with my laser cut blouse.
 
The bracelet above is on sale at JCrew with additional off as well.  I love the spikes.  It has a matching necklace I am thinking about, it would be a great statement necklace for Fall.  Use code SHOPNOW to get 25% off.

Frances Moon has turned into a belly sleeper.  It is rare for me to catch her on her back but I did twice this week.  This picture melts my heart.

 and can we talk about both of them??  I just want to freeze time.  Summer is almost over and this is Sterling's last year before kindergarten, sniff, sniff.


As you know as of lately I have been tired of our house.  It is small and we are busting out the seams. It is a great house but with two kids and a dog I long for more space.  I know we will not be here forever and will move soon but in the meantime while we save it seems like I am just over every room in our house.  Then I read this article and it really put things in perspective.  Beautifully written and so damn true.   Please read THIS ARTICLE.


Have a great Thursday.



23 comments:

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

I'm not as obsessed with Taylor's new song as I am her new video. I could watch it on repeat. Hilarious! And I love how Frances Moon sleeps. She's such a little ham. I can't get enough!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful space. The attention to detail is just glorious.
Relaxing Apartment

Nickie said...

This was a fun post....Frances Moon is precious!!!....but the article at the end was IT!! I am so glad I took a moment to read it and I want to thank you for the link. I needed to hear that ....especially today!

Jillian said...

i love your gigi clutch! so cute. annnd omg i was so surprised about Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Martin...but if the rumors are true I kinda like the couple. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

"B" said...

I am a vegetarian that occassionally eats fish so the recipe is a perfect addition. It's nice when I only have to cook one meal. We have been "bored" with our house as well and really want to build. This article was a great read and really we are thankful for all we have. Love your blouse, curious how tall you are. I am 5'10 or a bit taller and small blouses always fall just a tad short on me, curious how this blouse is for length.

Portuguese Prepster said...

love the laser top, it looks great on you! I'm loving Shake it Off too but I had no idea Jennifer Lawrence and Christ Martin were dating. That just seems weird to me!

A Manolescu said...

Wow, the article...I'm bookmarking it for when I need a little reminder ;) Thanks Natalie.

Also--the photo of Frances Moon sleeping? I can't. She is beyond adorable.

Alissa

KatiePerk said...

Excellent article. I never think to do tuna melts, but I am going to now! Those kiddos are so stinking cute.

iopcatg said...

Great post! Love the black shirt!

Catherine
laviebythesea.com

iopcatg said...

Great post! Love the black shirt!

Catherine
laviebythesea.com

Meredith said...

Love your random posts! Taylor's new song is now on repeat :) Your kids are adorable - enjoy the last few days of summer!

Christina said...

I love a good random purse. Ok that T Swift song IS good and I usually can't stand her. Love the new phone case!

Carolyn said...

I know it is de rigeur for bloggers to post articles like this, and it is unbelievable to me. Your blog is all about promoting consumerism and having the next best thing. In the same post you encourage 4 new items...one of which you already have many. It's not just how you are living your life, but that you are encouraging others to do the same.

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Love that blouse on you! I may order it in orange to wear to a Clemson football game this fall. And you're making me want a tuna melt. My family used to always eat them when I was younger, too, so they're big time comfort food for me. Love that picture of Frances... wish I could freeze time for you! They are both precious.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love that shirt!! Love that Taylor Swift video and song too. I'm not sure about Chris and JLaw but maybe he wanted someone less uptight? I love Gwennie too but I bet JLaw is a hoot. Finally thank you for posting that blog article. Wow - I hate my kitchen and it needs new floors, cabinets, appliances and paint, but we are so blessed.

Carli said...

What a great article-thanks so much for sharing :) It is something I need to read more often than not!!!

Also, I love your random posts!!! :)

Emily Satzger said...

Made my husband watch T Swift's video last night with me, it's my new favorite! Love the J Crew top, I saw they have one in leather too(although the price on this one is much better).

Emily from F is for

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Omg I totally love T Swifts new song!

Unknown said...

Taylor's new song is definitely great for working out and the video was cute. Frances is so sweet...I can't wait until Farrah is able to sit up. My Breckin is going to Kindergarten next year too! Time flies!
-Morgan
California To Carolina
The Gym Bunny

Lili said...

i LOVE that top so much i got it both in navy and orange~!!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Just read that article...oh my goodness! Felt like a slap in the face, but a good one. Such a reminder of what to focus on in life!

Unknown said...

That article hit the spot, it is all so true, thank you for sharing that. The boyfriend loves tuna melts, his mother used to make them, I'm gonna try this one out on him!

Taylor said...

I hate to say it too, but I really like her new song!!! and the relationship with chris martin makes NO SENSE AT ALL. will never last - such a poor rebound decision on her part :)

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com