Monday, December 29, 2014

Scenes From Our Christmas || Gloria Ferrer

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  Ours was so nice, I would like to say it was relaxing but are the holidays ever relaxing with the little ones?  Either way it was a fabulous week with family, friends, and lots of love, laughter and fun.  The biggest miracle of all is Matt was able to get and up walk after a few weeks flat on his back.  He is still in major pain and having numbness but this is a vast improvement we are so thankful for.

The night before Christmas Eve my parents always host a party.  It is a fun way to kick off the week of Christmas.

Gloria Ferrer was sweet enough to send a few bottles of their Champagne for us to enjoy. I knew I had to share with my mom and sister as we love Champagne!  I have to say I tried and loved all three types.  All were crisp, not sweet and perfectly bubbly.


This one was probably my favorite though!
 Pouring up the Goria Ferrer Champs for our guests!


The food spread from our party was pretty amazing.

I was proud of the appetizer I made, my favorite stuffed endive lettuce.  We put olives in the middle to make it look kind of like a wreath.


On Christmas Eve my favorite tradition is my dad takes my sister and I shopping for Mom.  We love the one on one time with my dad and helping choose gifts for my mom.  This was Frances Moon's first year going with us!


Later that day we went to church and opened some gifts with my brother and sister. 
 The whole family and yes Sterling is in a bath robe- my sister gave him that as a gift and he immediately wanted to put it on:)

 Then Sterling was ready to write his note to Santa and put out cookies and milk.


Santa gifts were a hit.  They each had their own individual Santa gifts and then a kitchen set to share.

I love this picture of Sterling walking in, he was so surprised and excited.  The beauty of Christmas through a child's eyes.


The biggest hit was the piano and guitar from Serena and Lily.  I may regret this in a few weeks when the noise won't stop- haha!

We made our favorite Breakfast Casserole for breakfast.


My favorite mustache man up and standing (the stache was joke for Christmas and promptly shaved off).


Christmas Day Happy Hour. I got those cute napkins in my stocking and couldn't wait to bust them out.


Frances Moon in her smocked dress.  I don't dress her in smocked clothes often but when I do I forgot how sweet they are.

Matt and I were kind of obsessed with Sterling's lite brite since we both had one as kids and loved it.


The next day we took the kids to visit Matt's old school,  Providence Day.
Frances | Deer Dress | Vest | Tights
Sterling | Tee | Pants

We of course had to check out Daddy's brick.

The next day it was back home and back to reality.  I have to admit I was happy to be back near the water.
The leopard cardigan I am wearing was a favorite Christmas gift. The front is plain black and the back is silk leopard.  Love it!

Enjoyed one last night with our tree.  Yesterday I took down all the decorations.  I love Christmas so much but when it is over I am so ready to undecorate and declutter for the New Year.


 Spend a lot of time in my new pjs.  Major love.
Heart Silk PJS || On sale plus use code HOLIDAY25 for extra 25% off.


Happy Monday.





10 comments:

Ally- Life as I know it said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful Christmas! So great Matt was able to get up and enjoy it. That's gotta be so hard for you all! Love that cardigan, it's like business in the front, party in the back!! Haha Ally - Life as I know it

MEEEE! said...

sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! the kids are just precious. :)
great to see matt up! I'm 4 weeks in and just started PT. hang in there bud!

Jillian said...

ahhh sooo much good food. i really miss champagne! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Ashley said...

love the shirt you wore on christmas in front of the tree -super cute! where is it from?! Love the pic of Sterling in his bath robe -what a cutie! Your Christmas looks like one straigh out of the movies with that table feast and your trees - glad you had a merry one :)

April of Smidge Of This said...

Sterling's note to Santa is the BEST. What cuties they are. :)

Noelani said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Isn't seeing it through a child's eyes the best! Makes it so meaningful. Happy Monday!

Julia Ryan said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIEND! Glad y'all had such a great time! My favorites of course are Matt's stache. My Matt does that every time he shaves off a beard. I think it's to get me to realize there are actually worse things than a beard ;) And then of course Sterling and Frances on the slide. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great Christmas!! The Lite Brite was a hit at our house too!! We have done a page every night before bed. :)

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

So glad Matt is feeling better! Sterling's note to santa is too much. FM looks adorable in her smocked dress

Kimm said...

Love your blog! Did your hubby go to providence day in Charlotte?