Friday, December 19, 2014

Thank You


Wow is all I can say.  Thank you for all your comments, emails , and texts.  I read every single one and they made me feel so much better.  The funny thing is all day yesterday I felt calm even though Frances Moon ran a fever and is sick and I had a million things to do, I felt a sense of peace and I know that was your prayers working so THANK YOU.


Frances had her appointment with the neurologist and we are going to mointer her for the next 3 months.  There is still fluid around her brain but they seem sure it will go away on its on.  She is meeting all her developmental milestones so that is a good thing.  I will report back after our appointent in March but pray the fluid starts to go down.  
I took this picture in the waiting room of the doctors office and it says so much abut Frances Moon.  She is always smiling even when she is sick.  She is such a joy to have in my life and I am so thankful for her.


This blog brings me so much joy because of the connections and the community.  I feel like we are all best friends even though we have never met.  I so appreciate you reading my blog everyday and commenting.  I am grateful for each of you and your support. I am so thankful for my best friends who all called and texted me yesterday offering their help to watch my kids, wrap my gifts, and bring me food.   Then when we got home from the doctor these flowers were on my doorstep and I just burst into tears.  They were from Caycee saying she knew I was going through a hard time. I felt so much love yesterday.  It reminded me of the quote " Best Friends make the good times better and the hard times easier."


Yesterday afternoon Sterling and I worked on some gifts for his school party.  I saw these snowman on pinterest and thought they looked cute and easy but mine were a hot mess. The doughnuts kept cracking and the jelly beans would not stay on.  There was powdered sugar every where in my dining room.  But you know what Sterling and I laughed and laughed and had the best time making them- all while we jammed to Taylor Swift (yes I bought the cd). 


Then last night I took the kids to see the James Island Festival of Lights and it was just what we needed.  Sterling was over the moon excited and Frances just kept laughing.  It helped me to lighten up and smile and be happy for exactly where we are right now.  The kids love Christmas and I love seeing it thru their eyes.



I have decided to take a few days off to relax and take care of family.  I will be back at some point next week maybe Monday maybe after Christmas,  but in the meantime I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and hope you get to enjoy and savor these last few days before Christmas.  Before we know it it will be 2015 and we be starting a new year.  Those of you struggling and fighting your own battles this holiday season I am praying for you too.  
Happy Holidays!






31 comments:

Pink and Fabulous said...

Merry Christmas to your whole, gorgeous family! Sending you all prayers and big hugs!!

Katie said...

I love your blog- and I love your honesty. Have a brilliant Christmas. I feel sure that everything will be okay with your little one. xoxo

Ally Harding said...

Have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your break!!
Ally - Life as I know it

ashley said...

Merry Christmas! Beautiful card! :)

Meagan said...

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!! I hope you'll take people up on their offers to watch the kids, make you meals, and help in any other ways they offered. Life isn't to done alone, allow people to love on you and help you. :-)

Unknown said...

cute christmas card!! enjoy your break (you deserve it!) and have fun celebrating the holidays with your family. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

just ask beth said...

happy holidays..sweet girl..things have a way of working out..promise. Matt needs to see a Neuro surgeon not ortho.. my husband had the same thing.

Meredith said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I meant to comment yesterday on your post - you're such a strong woman, and you're so right: this too shall pass! Wishing you a happy and healthy 2015!

Julie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!

Giordana said...

Praying for you, Matt, Sterling and Frances! Thank you for sharing your fashion sense, your love for T Swift and Zac Efron(I'm with you on both;), your ups and downs, I read it every day girl and love it! Cheers to a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! xoxoxxo

Emily {Luscious Life & Decor} said...

Just read your post from yesterday and I'll be praying for your family. An epidural may help with your husband's back pain until they figure out what's wrong. Hope he feels better soon! It's tough to have 3 kids to take care! :) I have always flossed and brushed and didn't eat a lot of sugar and my teeth were always still prone to cavities. I think it's a good idea to take some time off, forget about your blog (if possible) for a bit, and just enjoy this time before Christmas with your family. You will get through this tough time. Enjoy the little things! Merry Christmas! xo

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you found peace yesterday! As hard as it can be to write about our struggles on the blog, it always seems to feel good to let it all out too. Your flowers are beautiful and your family is just precious. Enjoy the last two weeks of the year and cherish your time with family. xoxo

Tammi said...

Merry Christmas! I enjoy your blog and I hope things get better. As far as cavities on baby teeth go I don't think it is a necessity to get them filled unless they are causing discomfort. My son had a couple that we discussed with the dentist and decided not to fill. I think the dentist offices that cater to children only always want to fill the cavities even if it is not necessary.

Unknown said...

Hi Natalie. I have been reading your blog everyday for two years now and I just love it. I am a mom of three with two teenagers and a 12 year old. Even though I'm older and in a different stage of life, I can always relate to the things you blog about. I love hearing about your sweet family and seeing pictures of them.

Your post the other day about your current struggles brought back so many memories for me of the times when everything seemed too much to handle. It is so difficult to manage everything and everyone in the house but you do it with such grace and make it seem so easy. When my kids were your kids age, It seems like I was in the doctor's office or hospital constantly. Those darn health problems are the worst. But, as the kids get older, that part has gotten a lot better. It helps so much to have a good group of friends and family to support you and most of all, make you laugh. There are so many things I look back on now and laugh about even though they weren't funny at the time. Your post about Sterling's cavities made me smile because my daughter had the same thing and I was oblivious. But, years later (and many dental appts.) she has beautiful teeth and a beautiful smile. Once those baby teeth are gone, it is so much better.

One of my girlfriends sent me a card once that said something like, When life gets you down, there is always WINE! So true.

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in your struggles and things will get better. They always do (until the next big crisis - LOL).

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Kathy

The Westchester Decorator said...

What a heartfelt, wonderful post. I have been following your blog for a few months now, and I love all of your fashion posts, recipes, and peeks at a stylish life - but as a fellow wife and mommy to a busy toddler, it's these frank, honest glimpses of the not-always-perfect reality that make me (and many of your other readers, I'm sure) feel a real connection to you. Thank you for these posts and for reminding all of us that we're not alone in our struggles - your positive attitude is contagious : ) Enjoy your much deserved break and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Natalie,

Your entire family is in my prayers! May God give you the strength you need during these difficult times. I truly enjoy reading your blog and appreciate your honesty. I will especially pray for Frances Moon. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Chelsea said...

I will be praying for you and your family!! Love your Christmas card you guys are adorable!!! It is crazy how so many blogger friends are there there for you and you have never met them!!! Happy Friday
Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

Portuguese Prepster said...

Enjoy your time off and have a very Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the best.

Sarah Vicars said...

Natalie, you don't know me but I have been following your blog for a while now. I found it through Caycee...I think. I love keeping up with your fam and all your fashion posts! I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family. I am a firm believer in prayer and the more the better. :) Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and things will start looking up.

http://ablondiestateofmind.blogspot.com/

Christi said...

Hello Natalie. I am new follower to your blog and IG account. As a fellow housewife and mom, I really enjoy and appreciate your fashion posts, recipes, and the glimpses of your family life that you share with your readers. Sending you and your family healing prayers and best wishes. May 2015 bring everyone good health, happiness, peace, laughter, and love.

Matters of Style said...

Merry Christmas. Praying for you and your sweet family.

Ginger said...

Merry Christmas to you and your precious family. Praying for Frances. <3

Unknown said...

Have a very Merry Christmas! You are a wonderful mother and a great wife! I hope you can relax and enjoy the holiday! Just remember - this too shall pass! :)

Alie said...

Dang, those donut things look the best for breakfast. Wishing you much love, Alie

linda said...

Prayers for you and your family.
-Linda

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Said lots of prayers for you yesterday and will continue to pray for sweet Frances Moon! I really do feel like we are besties hahah, thanks for being so open & sharing your ups & downs with all of us! We love you! xoxo Lisa

Ann + Robert said...

Merry Christmas Natalie! Thank you for always being so honest. I love reading your blog. It's so real and relatable. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

A Manolescu said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Natalie...you have such a beautiful spirit! Hope you have a wonderful relaxing holiday.

Alissa

Natalie said...

Merry Christmas! I hope that time with family and friends to celebrate the holidays will be a much needed relaxation for your and your family. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

ParaJessicaLegal said...

Happiest of Holidays to you and yours! It's nice to hear your spirits are on the UP! Prayers are powerful. XO