Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Shirts + Ties | Ideas for the Guys + New Markdowns for the Ladies

After I shared my post with my Dad a few weeks ago I had a request to some more men's dress shirts.  I am no expert in the Men's fashion field so I turned to my dad, Matt,  and my brother for recommendations.  

For the price you can't beat the Nordstrom line of dress shirts.  Most styles are under $50 and none are over $80.   The quality is really great too.  Matt and my dad both have a few of the non-iron styles in the solid colors. 

men's shirts


The Nordstrom dress shirts come in 4 different fits - classic, traditional, trim and extra trim.  My dad and Matt both prefer the Traditional and Classic fit.  You can also have the shirts custom made as well.  This allows you to choose the fabric, fit, collar style, pockets, and cuffs.  A great option if you (or your man) wants something really specific.  


2 other brands that came highly recommended were Vineyard Vines and Peter Miller.


mens shirts


BOTTOM ROW PETER MILLAR :  ONE | TWO | THREE | FOUR | FIVE 

Matt has 2 Peter Millar dress shirts and they are his favorites.   He likes the regular fit sport shirt.  

If you want a light weight shirt for the Summer, I love this one I shared my Dad in a few weeks ago.
Linen Shirt
Oh and my DVF dress was just reduced and is now 40% off!

A few tie options to go with the button-up shirts.  My brother gave all his groomsman the Vineyard Vines bowties as a gift for being in his wedding and I thought that was a cute idea. I had to order Matt this shark tie for his birthday, he and Sterling are shark obsessed.
Also check out the Tie Bar, a new to me line and all the ties and bowties are only $19!

ties
All ties above are under $90.

Nordstrom just did some major mark downs on some of my favorite designer's Summer items.
This dress I wore in Dallas is now 40% off.  Reminds me my sister borrowed this and I have yet to get it back!!
Lace Dress
Everything is marked down either 40 or 60% off.  There are some awesome deals.  Scroll through to see my favorites.  I just ordered this embroidered blouse in black.




Don't forget the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale early access starts this Thursday!  With the temps nearing 100 here it is hard to think about Fall clothes but this is a great time to buy a few pieces to save.  I already have my eye on a pair of Rag and Bone booties I saw in the preview catalog!
You do have to have a Nordstrom card to gain early access.  This allows you 8 days to shop early and trust me the good sizes and items sell quickly.  They offer both a credit and debit card option,  you can sign up here if you don't have one.

Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post.



No comments: