Monday, October 24, 2016

NYC Recap

Happy Monday!  I got back in town yesterday from such a fun girl's trip to NYC.  My dad was so sweet and booked a trip for me, my mom, my sister and sister in law.  We actually flew back in Saturday but I was not breathing well and had to go to Urgent Care in Charlotte after we landed.   One steriod shot, a new inhaler and steriod pills and I am on the mend. 
 I was so happy to see these loves yesterday.  They always request that I bring them back NYC tee shirts.

Wednesday morning we flew out bright and early to NYC.  This tote is my favorite carry on.  It fits so much and can fit under the airplane seat.
Tee | Jeans | Similar Scarf under $20
Chilling with my sister on the airplane.

We landed,  checked in our hotel and headed to lunch.  I had a mile long list of restaurants I wanted to eat at while we were in NYC.  First stop was Jack's Wife Frieda.  We all loved it.
The breakfast bowl + Greek Salad.  The breakfast bowl was insane and it came with this avocado jalapeno dressing that was out of this world.  
Grilled Halloumi cheese.  I loved the addition of grapes with the cheese.

That afternoon we shopped and then headed back to shower for dinner.

We had dinner that night at Buddakan.  Matt and I ate there last year when we visited and loved it.  I seriously dream about these edamame dumplings.
This was a cauliflower pop- filled with cheese and wrapped in breadcrumbs.  

The next morning we were up bright and early for Live with Kelly.  My dad won VIP tickets at a silent auction.  
Waiting for the show outside the studio.
I have to say I watch Live with Kelly most days so it was so cool to see it filmed LIVE.
 The guest host was John Leguizamo.  I loved him he was so funny.
We had awesome seats on the third row and during commercials Kelly would walk over and talk to us.  She is even cuter in person and so tiny!!
The two guests were Matt Leblanc and Dakota Fanning.


The girls. 
What I wore:
I bought this sweater during the shopbop sale and it was my favorite purchase.  I am wearing a size small.
After the show we headed to Magnolia Bakery for a small nibble.  I had the sugar cinnamon muffin and it was incredible.

My mom had the caramel cake and it was legit.
We strolled through Central Park.  It is so gorgeous in the Fall.
Then we headed to Fred's at Barney's for lunch.

I loved the atmosphere here.  I had the chopped chicken salad.  This was however probably my least favorite place we ate at.  The food wasn't bad it was just not as good as some of the other places we dined at and pretty pricey.
We shopped a little more and then headed home to change for Happy Hour.  My blouse has the cutest split back.  It runs on the large side, I am wearing a size 2. 
What I wore:
We had happy hour at the Crosby Street Hotel and loved it.  Fun atmosphere and great drinks!


Dinner that night was at Mario Batali's new restaurant La Sirena.  This may have been our favorite dinner.  We loved the decor, atmosphere and the food was incredible.
I loved the tile floors.
We shared four dishes.  The pesto lasagna, ravioli, gnocchi and meat pasta. 
All 4 of us ladies.

Friday it was a rainy day but we ventured out anyways.

I had a meeting at the Baublebar Showroom and got to preview some of the new Holiday collection and trust me it's good!

I especially loved these earrings that are now online.
After that we headed to ABC Kitchen for lunch.  I had heard great things about ABC kitchen and it did not disappoint.  It is all farm to table and I wanted to sample everything on the menu.

We all shared the Squash Toast for appetizer and it was so good! I have plans to recreate this at home!
Then mom and I split the burger and carrot/avocado salad.
 I don't eat burgers often but this one was really good.   It had jalapenos and a delish herb mayo.

My outfit that day:
I ended up not packing my blush Joie sneakers after several people commented the NYC streets would ruin them.  I bought this Ugg pair after seeing my sister's and I think I like them even better than the Joie pair.  I walked miles in them and they were so comfortable.

That night we grabbed drink at The Highline hotel.  Kind of a gothic vibe and super chill.

The bartender made us a tasty drink with vodka, grapefruit, and mint.  
What I wore:
I love this blouse because of the length!  You can even wear it with leggings because it covers your bottom.  I am wearing a XS.
We then headed to dinner at Cookshop. 

 I had the Mezze Platter and it was so good.  It had roasted beets, cauliflower, broccoli rabe, eggplant, and farro.  

These three items were favorites that I packed and I got so much use out of:

This clutch is super flat and easy to pack.  I love the size and the fact that it can hold so much stuff.  This driftwood color is new for Fall and the perfect neutral.  It comes in 10 other color options.
These are so comfortable and the color went with so many of my outfits.  I am now addicted to the casual sneaker.  They are also water resistant which worked out great since I had to wear them in the rain one day.  I went up a 1/2 size in these.  I am normally a 9 and did a 9.5.  They are under $100 too!

I didn't walk miles in these heels but I walked several blocks and they didn't hurt my feet.  The caramel color went with all my outfits. They run TTS. 



10 comments:

abby said...

Smittenkitchen has a squash toast recipe you should try :)

Anne said...

Love this post! I am going to NYC in December for a girls trip and don't know where to stay. I can't wait to try some of your restaurant suggestions. Any hotel recommendations of where to stay?

Lauren Collie said...

I am headed to NYC in a few weeks too- which hotel did you stay at? Love these other restaurant recs!

Brooke said...

Do you wear socks with the sneakers?

Colleen said...

How fun to spend the weekend with your family! I'm going with my mom, two sisters, my two girls and my sister's two girls in November. Can't wait! Ours will probably be a completely different trip than yours though! lol

Polished Pauper said...

Natalie,

It all looked to be such a great getaway in the city - the food, the drinks, the outfits! Thanks for sharing and reminding me how much I miss NYC.

Also, it must be said: your mother is gorgeous!

PP

Unknown said...

Hey ladies - I am going to NYC in December also! I am coming from Australia - we are staying at the Dream Downtown across from the Chelsea Market so a great location. Has lovely restaurants on site and close by (including Buddakhan!) and a nightclub if that is your kind of thing!

Any other restaurant recommendations? We liked the look of Catch and Del Posto - any ideas if worth the cost?

Thanks so much :)
Gilly

Megan said...

What a fun trip! I'm so jealous of you seeing Kelly! I watch it every day too :) how fun!

Meg said...

You got tix to Live again? How???

Taylor said...

Looks like SUCH an amazing trip!!! I can't believe you got to go to Live I was watching this morning with Michael Buble that must be so fun to see it in person - I can't imagine her being even tinier in person but I'm sure he she is! Hope you're feeling better!

It's The Little Things