Thursday, December 8, 2016

Holiday Party | Food + My Outfit

Last night I hosted my annual girl's Christmas party.  This is our third year doing it and we always have a blast.  We do a dirty santa gift exchange and let me tell you the gifts are hilarious!   

I always like to dress a little festive for the party so I knew I wanted a red or green blouse.  I bought this blouse over Thanksgiving and for the price it is a winner.  Best part it is 40% off right now with code STYLEVENT, making it only $30.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to pair it with fun earrings or a statement necklace but I ended up going with the necklace.
 I am wearing a size small it runs TTS.

Here is a view of it while I am standing up so you can get an idea of the fit.  The shoulders have a really cute ruffle detail. 
If you looking for a green holiday blouse I bought this one as well and it's super cute.  The back is adorable.
I love the darker color of this one as well and both are 40% off.

The menu is always my favorite part of entertaining.  I usually do heavy apps and serve wine.  
I knew I wanted to do a cheese board.   I picked up the cheese and meat at Goat Sheep Cow my favorite local cheese shop.  They have an amazing selection of cheese, meat, and wine.  

My parents gave me this cheese board last year for Christmas and it is perfect for entertaining.  It comes in several sizes, I have the large size.  I like the large size because you can fit everything on it. 
I added honeycomb, candied pecans, olives, dijon mustard, and baby pickles to dress up the board.  
I also served:
Avocado Dip with Veggies
My next door neighbor Rick gave me this recipe and it is so easy and delicious!
To make this you just puree 1 and 1/2 avocados + 8 oz cream cheese + 1/2 white onion finely diced + juice from 1/2  lemon + 2 minced garlic cloves + salt to taste. 

Bacon Wrapped Dates
To make you just slice the dates in half but not all the way through and remove the seeds.  Then stuff with cheese, you can really use any kind I used white cheddar. They are also great with blue cheese and gruyere. Then wrap with bacon, I use the pre cooked kind.  Bake 350 degrees 15 mins or until cheese is melted.

I forgot the cream cheese layer this time around and honestly it was still great.


Spinach Artichoke Balls
I will post this recipe next week, I need to write down exactly what I put in these as I made this recipe up! 

A view of our spread.
Our tree, I am telling you I am loving having a fake tree this year!  Less mess and I think it looks pretty good! 

My favorite girls, minus two (Sarah and Lindsey) that left earlier.    Love these gals so much, I feel so lucky to have them in my life.
 Lastly, how funny are these little men drink markers??  My mom sent them to me to use for the party.  They were a big hit with the girls and then I had the genius idea to use them later with the elf.  The kids loved it.




6 comments:

Chelsea said...

How cute :) Looks like a fun time

Wildfire Charm said...

Your outfit is so classy and simple. I love it :) Also, the food looks amaaaaazing!

www.wildfirecharm.com

Unknown said...

so cute!! Love this and all your apps. I have my annual girls dirty Santa party next week and I think I might have to make those bacon wrapped dates. They look so yummy. Love that cute red blouse you're wearing too! so fun.

Just Jess said...

I love your outfit and your cheeseboard is gorgeous. Jess at Just Jess

Taylor said...

Love that you do a dirty santa exchange haha. Can't wait for the spinach artichoke balls recipe!

The Sarcastic Blonde

Kendra A said...

Did you purée all the avocado dip ingredients at one time? And in a food processor I assume? Always love your appetizer recipes!