Monday, August 1, 2011

Folly Beach Represented

I was super excited when I saw this spread in a recent Architectural Digest of a beautiful home on Folly Beach. We live about 10 minutes from Folly Beach and it is one of my favorite spots in Charleston. If you are not familiar with Folly, I would consider it a laid back beach with a bit of a hippie vibe. The restaurants are great- Ritas and Taco Boy are two of my favorites, and the beach is gorgeous. If we are not out on the boat you will find us here most weekends.

Designer, Amelia Handegan bought and renovated this 1940s oceanfront retreat without sacrificing its relaxed charm. Two Charleston firms, Stumphouse Architecture + Design and Glenn Keyes Architects, helped Amelia expand the 1940s bungalow. The results are amazing. It is truly the perfect beach house. I love how open and airy the house is, it is so inviting. The outdoor spa and black white painted floors in the entry are two of my favorite aspects. I was so proud to see my local beach on the pages of Architectural Digest.















check out the whole story here
All photos via Architectural Digest

22 comments:

caycee said...

Hello Beautiful home!!! You know we love us some Folly Beach ;) Cant wait to see you this week!!!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Wow absolutely gorgeous. I love the black and white elements, so unexpected in a beach house.

Val said...

The house is so dreamy and the beach sounds like a great place to relax and have some fun!

The Southland Life said...

omg - that house is perfection!!! i want.

Balancing Lisa said...

so gorgeous! Lovely pictures!

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Oh my goodness! these photos are so gorgeous. My parents went to Folly beach last summer and loved it.

xoxo, chrissy
The Perfect Palette

Baby Shopaholic said...

Beautiful home!!! I wish I lived 10 mins from water.

Carly Messmer said...

Gorgeous photos! I love Folly. I also love all the magazine love Charleston has been getting lately!

natasha {schue love} said...

Such a beautiful home and the view doesn't hurt either!!

Laura said...

so pretty!!! i may need to come visit...and we can all go stay there. how fun to have an airy beach house like that...love it!!

Becca {A Blonde's Logic} said...

What a beautiful house!! Love the beachy vibe!

Becca
http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

megan said...

Who knew that was at Folly?!? Not me!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

So incredibly gorgeous. Love that we have such incredible spaces right in our backyard! Great feature.

Michaela said...

Wow, what a stunning and relaxing space. I love this home! Val is right...super dreamy!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh...those homes are to-die.for! And if I vacay at Folly BEach I'm coming to you for recommendations!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm absolutely loving that kitchen! What a darling striped rug!

Bud and Leo said...

WOW, your home beach is well represented!!! I love the white couches- I want a white couch so badly but it would get so dirty so I can live vicariously through this home :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Wow! That is gorgeous--I love the airy feel of it! And I totally agree--the black and white floors are to die for!

Ashley said...

So pretty! i love folly! i'm going there on the 19th and I can't WAIT!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I can't even look at the pics...I'm too busy shoving my face with your banana blueberry bread. I made 4 mini loaves, and we just ate an entire one straight from the oven. yum

just ask beth said...

I use to love Folly..to the right..the left side is NASTY and FILTHY! the restaurants are good and yes you can be hippie without being nasty..that beach has declined in my book! Love your blog!.. I tend to stick to IOP now or SE Litchfield and Pawley's.. I grew up in Murrell's Inlet and use to go to Garden City and that use to remind me of Folly same vibe!

Ashley said...

I love Folly! This house is beautiful!