Friday, October 16, 2015

Currently Snacking On + Tropical Granola Recipe


Food is one of my favorite topics.  I love when I find new foods and snacks that I really love. I wanted to share a few things I am currently snacking on.
Please share any favorite snacks you are loving.


Roots Hummus
I mentioned the Lima Bean hummus the other day but I just picked up the Mango Sriracha and man is it good.


Harris Teeter Falafel Chips
These are so crispy and tasty.  My new favorite chips to dip in Hummus.  The sea salt flavor is actually my favorite but these Chili ones are really good too.

Noosa Coconut Yogurt
This yogurt is so good.  Yes I know it has lots of sugar but I love it. The coconut flavor is amazeballs (yep I am bringing that word back). I have been making big batches of my tropical granola (recipe below) and I serve that over the yogurt for the tastiest breakfast.



These cheese bites are addictive.  They carry them at some Starbucks and Harris Teeter.  You can also find them on amazon.
Italian Black Truffle Almonds
They sell these in small individual packs at Starbucks.  They are a perfect nibble if you want a snack.  They are salty and the truffle flavor is so good.
Amazon carries the bigger container of them.


This stuff is addictive.  Matt can polish off a bag in one sitting. 
They carry this at Target along with a few other flavors.


 ............................................................


Here is my granola recipe I mentioned yesterday.  I tried a few different combos and this one is our favorite.  I make a batch once a week. You really can use any dried fruit and nut combo that you like but we love this one.  It has a tropical flavor that is so good paired with yogurt.  Once you make homemade granola you will never want to buy store bought again.  Best part this has no sugar in it only natural sweeteners like maple syrup and honey.

T R O P I C A L  G R A N O L A 

-4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup coconut chips
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced dried mango

In a large bowl mix oats, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds and coconut chips.  
In another bowl mix together olive oil. myple syrup, honey and vanilla.  Pour this mixture over the oats and nuts.  Add in cinnamon and salt and stir all together.

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the oats evenly over it.  Bake at 350 degrees about 30-40 mins.  Stir batch every 10 minutes.  Frequently check on it while it is cooking because the nuts can burn quickly.  
When oats have crisped up remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes.  

Pour in bowl and add in dried pineapple and mango.




2 comments:

Jodi said...

Thanks for the snack suggestions and the recipe - I just printed it out. I love the Noosa, too, but haven't tried any of the others, but I will!

Molly said...

I love your pineapple serving dish! Where is it from?