Monday, January 25, 2016

Scenes From Our Weekend

First of all thank you all for the sweet comments on the blog and instagram wishing my kids a speedy recovery.  Thank goodness by the weekend and a solid 4 days on medicine they both seemed to be feeling much better! 

Friday morning I awoke to a nasty scene in Frances Moon's room.  She had taken off her diaper (a common occurrence these days) with a poop that was everywhere!  She then proceeded to tell me her baby doll did it not her.  I took this picture after I had stripped her bed of her cleaning her baby because "she pooped".  I could not stop laughing!

Friday I picked up lunch from my favorite spots Dellz Deli.  It is a must if you have never tried it before.  I love their black bean hummus wrap (pictured below), pita pizza, veggie tacos, and nachos!

Friday we took it easy and ordered pizza.  We used to order pizza every Friday night but I don't think we had since before Christmas!  I was missing it!  I made Matt and I dirty martinis with olives I stuffed with blue cheese.  We don't have them often but it is our guilty pleasure.

The kids have been into building pillow forts in the den.  I thought this was so sweet of them snuggled up with Matt.

Saturday I spent much of the day prepping food for my in-laws birthday party that night.  I did manage to sneak in a much needed Barre Class. I made two tried and true favorites :

I fell in love with this dress because of the colors and knew it would be perfect for the Birthday Party.
I ended up wearing knee high boots instead of the pumps because it was so cold Saturday night.

Matt and I happy to honor his sweet parents and celebrate their 70th Birthdays.

The Birthday boy and girl:)

We had our good friend Ann paint this beautiful picture for them of the 4 grandkids.  You can shop her Etsy shop HERE.  She takes custom orders too which is what we did.  We were thrilled with how the painting turned out!

How adorable are my in-laws?? Btw that cake was off the hook good.  It is from a shop in Mt Pleasant and all they do is Bundt cakes.

Sunday we all went to the County Park.
I think Rodney enjoyed it the most!
Cuddling with my little man because it was cold!

Ready to cheer on the Panthers Sunday night.

We were so excited The Panthers won!  Ready for The Super Bowl!  Frances must have sensed the win too because we found her dabing in her sleep:)

Have a great Monday.






10 comments:

Brooklyngal said...

Great post! I love your dress choice for the party, great pattern and gorgeous colors. The painting that you commissioned is just gorgeous what a special gift.
LOL, with the diaper, my two year old son has the same habit of removing his diaper!! Frustrating and funny at the same time.

Nora

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Looks like a great weekend. Love that CC dress on you—and the food looks amazing! Such a sweet gift idea for Matt's parents, too.

Nat said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Thankfully neither of my kids have tried take their diaper off, but ugh I can only imagine! Your in laws are too cute, looks like a great time.

Christina said...

matt's parents are such cuties!! ok i really want a martini now...ok tonight. haha! and man, i miss dellz!

Unknown said...

Fun weekend despite sick kiddos!! I have to admit that I wasn't sure I was in love with that CC dress in your IG picture, but seeing you in it and with those FAB over the knee boots; now I'm totally crushing on it!! It's amazing what seeing it on a person can do sometime rather than just a picture.

Lyna said...

Glad to hear the kiddies are feeling better! That bundt cake looks yummm!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Bahahaha, that Frances Moon poop story cracked me up when I first saw it on Insta and cracked me up again! So glad to hear you are into barre...you should totally check out Barre South when it opens! My absolute favorite barre instructor, Brett, moved to Charleston over the summer and is opening it in the coming months! She is AMAZING! Finally, that birthday celebration looks fabulous--love the painting (what a special gift) and am still swooning over that dress you wore this weekend! Clover Canyon is usually a bit out of my fashion comfort zone, but I could totally see myself rocking that one!

Taylor said...

Her paintings are amazing!!!! So gorgeous !!

www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

That painting is absolutely gorgeous!! The iceberg wedge looks yum. I'm not sure I've ever had a dirty martini but I LOVE my Mexican Martinis!! It's 100X better than just a margarita! :D

EFSheehan said...

Would love a post with your favorite cocktail recipes...dirty martini included!!