Friday, December 7, 2012

Oreo Fudge + Gifts + Randoms

First of all thank you for all the wonderful responses yesterday.  I got a smile reading each one.  Thank you for believing in me and my mothering skills.  Being a mom is the most rewarding job ever but also the hardest.  I love that this is a place where we can all encourage each other and be real and share our fears.  So thank you for letting me know I am not alone and these thoughts are normal.  You guys are like free therapy:)

***************************************
I am on the ball this year getting my Christmas cards addressed and goodies out to people.  I always like to make a sweet treat for my friends and neighbors this time of year.  Last year you might remember I made the Oreo stuffed brownies- huge hit.  But this year I wanted to do something a little different and decided on Oreo Fudge.  It is only 5 ingredients but knock your socks off good.   It was even easier to make than the brownies and I like it better.   If you are one of my close friends get excited this sweetness is coming your way soon. And for all you other friends that don't live close by here is the recipe:)

{DOUBLE DECKER OREO FUDGE}

•1 can of sweetened condensed milk, portioned in half
•10 Oreos, chopped
•1 cup white chocolate
•2 tablespoon butter
•1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate

Instructions:
1.Split sweetened condensed milk in half and set aside. Chop Oreos and set aside

2.Place white chocolate, one ½ of sweetened condensed milk, 2 tablespoon of butter in a heat proof bowl over simmering water. Stir and mix until melted and combined. Fold in Oreos and stir to combine. Pour mixture into pan.

3.Place semi-sweet chocolate and remaining half sweetened condensed milk in a heat proof bowl over simmering water. Stir and mix until melted and combined. Pour mixture on top of Oreo layer and refrigerate for 1 an hour to set.

4.Remove from refrigerator and peel away foil once set. For ease of cutting make sure to clean knife between cuts to prevent sticking.



I packaged the fudge in these adorable containers I found at Target in the dollar section.  I layered parchment paper between each layer to keep from sticking.  I found the tags at TJMaxx.


I also got a few gifts wrapped this week.  I love having presents under the tree to enjoy.  I found this gorgeous paper set at TJMaxx!



In other news I was shopping at Lowes yesterday and saw this fabulous light fixture.  I was contemplating it for Sterling's room til my mom convinced me it was too girly:(   If you have a little girl this light fixture is adorable and such a steal it is only $29!!  I also think it could be cute in a powder room.  Who knew Lowes had cute lights?



Tibi remains one of my all time favorite brands.  This dress is a new favorite.  I wore it to church Sunday and just adore it.  It is the perfect wine color for Winter.  I plan on rocking it to a holiday party next week too and jazzing it up with a sparkly necklace.






I found the most delicious soap at Williams Sonoma, Fleur de Sel  Pick some up you won't stop washing and smelling your hands.

Alright I am off to clean house we have house guests this weekend!  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!


17 comments:

Melissa W. said...

Chris "makes me" whip up some sort-of dessert every Christmas for his work party. This Oreo fudge is def going to be made! Funny-I made the same Oreo brownies last year!

The dress-oh my cuteness! Stop "dirty diaper lady!"

Way Way got me hooked on that William's Sonoma scent! It is by far, my favorite! Reminds me of the beach! I went to WS a few weeks ago to get another oil diffuser and they were out! I hope they bring it back soon! I bought the lotion that day and I love it on my little white tray next to the kitchen sink!

Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

The light isn't too girly! We have the same one in my son's (21 months) room...SO cute (and cheap!!). It would also look really cute in a play room.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Oh my goodness that oreo fudge looks phenomenal! You look awesome in the Tibi dress. Thanks for the lighting idea, I might be checking that out this weekend for the nursery!

KatiePerk said...

I dig that light. Ooh that fudge looks fantastic. Cute girl in a cute dress!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

What's your definition of "close?" Oh well, if I didn't make the cut, I'll make some myself. I love that dress! Have a great weekend!!!

17 Perth said...

Um--oreo fudge? Stop it! Hahaha. Sounds delicious! That dress is adorable!!

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

Love your dress!!!! I really want that. The fudge looks amazing and made such an awesome gift. Might need to try this out... !!

Happy Friday!

Xo-L

simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

Baby Shopaholic said...

I think Tibi was made for you! That dress is fly!

megan said...

That light would look so cute in my laundry room! Love that Tibi dress on you!

Jennifer @ Belclaire House said...

I bought that same wrapping paper set! I love it! Of course, we can't have a single present under the tree because my 2 year-old will open them. He's all about presents these day. I may have to go buy that dress. It's gorgeous!

Alicia xoxxo said...

You are on top of it! I am not :( Must get my butt in gear. Those brownies look delish! Fun light. I am on the hunt for a new chandelier for our dining room. Have a great weekend Natalie!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love that dress on you! I also love your wrapping paper selection. I let Keira pick our paper out so it's pink and has snow men all over it. :=)

Natalie said...

Yay so glad you found the wrapping and tags! SO pretty! That oreo fudge sounds dangerous...

Jill said...

I wish I was your neighbor!!

I am just reading your post from yesterday, I was out of town. Here are some of my thoughts for what it's worth.

All your fear are valid, I think most moms have the same fears. I am going through the bratty stage with Scarlett, I cannot even take her target because she will scream bloody hell if I don't buy her something. I refuse to buy her a doll just because we are at target, but then it pisses me off that I have to leave her at home, she should learn that she will be in a store without getting a toy. So I take her, she throws a fit, I tell her no and then I ignore her and store while she looks like the little girl from the exorcist, I get nasty looks but I don't care...one of these days I am praying this will all stop.

In regards to church, I told Dan that I thought it was important we all go together as a family and he agreed...I must admit he did not think this was important until Matthew was in first grade.

My son started a new school this year and I am paranoid that he is not making friends... he is making friends but I have to keep reminding myself he has only been at this new place for 4 months. He is so happy so that is what really counts.

My mom always told me to choose my friends wisely and to only surround myself with greatness. I have such a great group of friends and we discuss these same things all the time. Sometimes just a hug from a friend telling you that you are a GREAT mom and you are doing the best job is all you need...so here is your hug from me in St. Louis!!

Sadie + Stella said...

Ok light is fab. Totally fab. You look amazing in that dress! I wish I had you by my side to get into the Xmas spirit. I am totally not feeling it this year. :/

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Oh that lamp, what a find!

erica said...

Love your outfit and how you wrapped the gifts! xx