Monday, December 31, 2012

My Top Ten Best Buys of 2012

With 2012 drawing to an end, I thought I would share a few of my favorite new finds this year.  From beauty to clothes these items all entered my life in the past year and I love them and can't imagine my life without them!

I am obsessed with Rag and Bone Jeans.  They are my everyday jeans and fit like a glove.  I swear they have spanx in them because they suck you in and make your legs look like toothpicks.  This year I got the "Legging Jeans in Midnight" and the "Skinny Jeans in Kennsington Wash."  Both changed my life.  Best jeans ever.

This is the best eyeliner.  I have tried so many eyeliners it is funny, I am never happy with them but this one is different.  It goes on super easy and doesn't smear.  Always creates a precise line.


This was technically a Christmas gift from last year because I exchanged a few gifts for it but I am counting it under 2012 because that is when I started using it.  This juicer has changed my life, I swear by it.  I am so addicted to starting my morning with fresh green juice.  It gives me more energy and helps me get in lots of veggies for the day.  It is easy to use and clean.  Hard to imagine life before the juicer.  Sterling loves it too and in the summer we use the juice to make Popsicles- added bonus!


Quite possibly the best workout clothes ever.  I am hooked.  I wear them even when I am not working out (which is more often that I like to admit as of lately). They are the most flattering workout clothes.  They look chic for daily wear. The Run for Your Life Crop are my favorite pants.  They suck you in and lift you up- enough said.


JCREW SATURDAY PANT
In my quest to find the perfect lounge wear I came across these beauties.  The best lounge pants I promise you.  They are flattering and comfortable.  I like that they don't look like baggy sweatpants, they are cute.  Looks like they are sold out online right now but the stores may have them or I am sure they will restock online.


CHANEL VAMP NAIL POLISH
I am not one to buy alot of nail polishes.   I lusted after this Chanel for so long that I finally bit the bullet and bought it and I am so glad I did.  I wear it all the time.  Such a great nail color.  A classic to add to your collection.


GAP STUDIO SWEATER
In keeping with my loungewear quest I found this sweater from the Gap.  It is so soft and looks great paired with my JCrew Saturday pants.  Loungewear that you can wear out of the house and still look cute!  Double bonus they are on sale right now for $24.99!  I have the black and royal blue ones- love them!


HAPPINESS PROJECT/
JESUS CALLING
Both of these books are the perfect read for the new year.  I started the Happiness Project last New Year and it inspired me so much to clean out and organize many areas of my life.  Great tips on marriage and relationships as well.
Jesus Calling is a fabulous devotional.  Today will mark my final entry to read for this year.  It has provided me with alot comfort this year during personal struggles.  It is easy to relate to and easy to read.  I can't say enough great things about it.  I think I ear marked every other page I related to it so much!



I had wanted a denim shirt forever but it was hard to find one that didn't make me look too butch.  I tried on many and this Madewell shirt is definately the most flattering.  It is soft and light weight so you don't look bulky in it.  I wore it all summer with shorts and now I have been rocking it with colored jeans this fall/winter.  A great staple for any closet!


I am in love with these adorable wine glasses.  Stemmless glasses are always my favorite because you can put them in the dishwasher.  These make me happy while sipping my wine, always a good thing!



So, there are you have it, my favorite purchases of 2012!  I highly recommend all of them!
I hope everyone has a fabulous NYE tonight, see you in 2013!
xoxo
Natalie

24 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

Such a good list sweet pea! Cheers to 2013!!!

Katie said...

Great post Natalie! I truly enjoy reading your blog every morning and look forward to what you share in 2013! You inspired me to buy that chambray shirt this year (which I love). I couldn't agree more about the Chanel vamp nail polish and Lululemon workout clothes.

I have yet to try the juicer but after having baby #2 in September, it's about time I get back in shape so this may be just what I need.

Thanks for providing me with so many great ideas and inspiration. Btw....made the Philly sloppy joes and mini cinnamon rolls recently and both were great.

Happy New Year! :)

Pink and Fabulous said...

I love the Madewell shirt! I got it based on your review and wear it nonstop! You found some amazing goodies!

Melissa W. said...

Sad to say. I own MOST of your recommendations from 2012. I am getting a juicer ASAP. I saw one in William's Sonoma that looks just like yours. I will bite the husband bullet and buy those jeans soon!

Happy New Year, Natalie!!

Sadie + Stella said...

I desperately need your cozy wears! Desperate! Happy New Year!

17 Perth said...

Happy 2013 to you!! (Off to madewell now--Read, i.e. Chambray Shirt) :)

Eloquently Emily said...

I just bought the gap sweater and LOVE it. it is so easy to throw on with some leggies or dressed up with boyfriend jeans and booties. Being that I am looking for a new liner, I'll have to try out your recommendation!

Lobster Meets Peach said...

You always make the best recommendations! Going to Nordstroms today hoping to get those jeans:)

Happy New Year!!!

natasha {schue love} said...

I must check out those jeans!! And I am SO with you on lululemon! Newly OBSESSED with the wunder unders!!

Unknown said...

I have a small obsession with Lululemon and wear them way too often when not working out! It's my morning uniform these days. I think I need to snag a gap sweatshirt and that book. Always love your finds. Happy New Year beautiful friend. Trip to CA in 2013?

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Want to read "Jesus Calling". I also love lululemon and am guilty of wearing the pants almost every day if I'm home!!

Happy New Year Natalie!!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Happy New Year, Love. Here's to many fun moments together in 2013.

Cherry Blossoms said...

Happy New Year Natalie!
I am right there with you on the lulu clothing. So worth ever single penny. I just bought one of their running coats. So perfect for running errands and hitting the park with my little one here in Texas.

thepapefamily said...

Natalie, what brand of tee do you have on under the Gap sweater? Looking for longer ones like that!!! Love the blog!

Unknown said...

I second Rag & Bone! I finally bought black ones this year and wear them all the time.
Now I need to hunt down those JCrew pants...

Val said...

Loving this awesome list and we bought a few of the same things but my top purchase was the breville juicer...that machine rocks my world. Happy New Year, my friend!!!!!!!!!

Dishy Decorator said...

Great list! I'm going to check out the Madewell shirt. Looks perfect.

Anonymous said...

Love this list! Thank you for sharing - I just got a juicer for Christmas and am excited to use it. Care to share your favorite recipes?

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Will definitely be checking out those jeans! I also love that Madewell top!

Taylor said...

Hope you had a great NYE! Rag and bone jeans have changed my life I swear - I picked up another pair over the holidays and they just make me giddy! and If I could wear Lululemon all day everyday I definitely would! love all of your picks as usual. Happy New Year :)

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

You have excellent style. I like those lulu lemon pants too. It's an expensive brand, but lasts FOREVER. It's also originated in Seattle, where I live. SO I get very proud when I see other women liking it.
Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Clothes for Less

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Great list! I have the juicer as well, and love it. I just started the Happiness Project book as well, glad to hear you give a good review. Happy New Year!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

awww i love every thing you listed here. wish i could fit my arse into the R&B jeans though. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

That's exactly the juicer I'm looking for, so many great reviews! And my chambray shirts are one of my very best buys of 2012 as well, I wear them so much!