Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Asian Mandarin Orange + Spinach Pasta Salad


I absolutely love coming home.  My parents always take such good care of me.  This was the lunch that my Mom made the day I arrived in town.  It was so delicious and full of such flavor.  The dressing is amazing.  It would be great on a salad or even fish or meat as well.  I also think next time I may add in some cheese,  thinking either Parmesan, feta or goat cheese.   This would be perfect for a Summer picnic or even outdoor dinner party.  You could even serve it with some grilled eat like chicken or shrimp!  Saves well in the fridge for several days and is best served at room temperature!
Enjoy!

|| A S I A N   M A N D A R I  N  S P I N A C H   P A S T A   S A L A D ||
Thank you to everyone who alerted me to the original source of this recipe.  The recipe was passed to my mom from a friend on a note card so I had no idea.

-8oz Bowtie Pasta
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 crasins or dried cherries
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 4 oz can mandarin oranges
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

DRESSING
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce (recommend Kikkoman)
1/3 rice wine vinegar
1/2 garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup olive oil or canola

Whisk all dressing ingredients together.  Cook pasta according to box.  Drain and place in large bowl.  Add in other salad ingredients and pour dressing over.  Toss all together and enjoy!




19 comments:

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Oh My Goodness, this looks amazing!!! Need to try it!!

Unknown said...

That sounds so good. Your salads never disappoint!!

Kimm said...

Can't wait to try this

Portuguese Prepster said...

sounds really good!

Sharon said...

I am confused by the amount of mandarin oranges to use. I found the same recipe online and it says to use 1 4-ounce can.

http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2015/02/mandarin-pasta-spinach-salad-with-teriyaki-dressing.html

Candice@popsiclesandpotatochips said...

This salad might be happening for dinner tonight in our house! Looks so yummy !

Anonymous said...

You are a seasoned blogger...you should source this!! I follow lecremedelacrumb.com and have been making this wonderful salad for awhile..it's so good!

Courtney K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney K. said...


Your food never disappoints, Natalie. I do wish you would give credit to where credit is due. The recipe is not an original, and I think you know better than not to give the source. I am not trying to call you out, but I think if the shoe was on the other foot, you would feel the same way. You at least owe that much to your mom. It's honestly embarrassing.

Sierra said...

Oh my gosh that looks amazing, thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

looks delicious!!

Clara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy @ The Carmel Haven said...

That looks so yummy!

Anna said...

that looks absolutely delicioouuuus

https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

She says 4ounce can so that's the same as the recipe you found.

Sharon said...

Jaclyn Rogoff - She changed it yesterday after my comment to reflect the correct amount.
Also, the recipe should still be sourced back to lecremedelacrumb.com.

Atlanta Fan said...

Made this yesterday! Obsessed. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Atlanta Fan said...

Made this yesterday! Obsessed. Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for another amazing recipe! Just made this for a BBQ today! It's delicious!!!��