Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thoughts For Thursday

This has been a whirlwind week of major events.  It has been an emotional one for sure.

Last week we lost our sweet boxer Nelson.  She lived a long life, she was almost 13.  Matt got her right before he started law school and before we got married.  She was sick towards the end and not herself the past few months but that still doesn't make it any easier to lose a pet. Our house is so lonely without her constant sweet company.  I know she is in doggie heaven now with her family. Just looking at this picture makes me want to cry.  She was the best dog and so great with Sterling and Frances.  She is dearly missed.


Yesterday Sterling graduated from pre-k.  I can't believe he is starting kindergarten this fall.  Like I said it has been an emotional few days.  I cried as soon as all the kids walked out in their tiny graduation hats.  They are all splitting up and going to different kindergartens.  I loved his sweet crew he has been with the past 3 years.  Sterling however was super excited to be out for Summer!

This was Frances Moon on her last day of school.  I feel like I blinked and she was no longer a baby.
Several of you asked about the shoes she is wearing, they are called Natives.  I actually went to buy Sterling a pair and she would not put them down so I bought her a pair too. They are a great for Summer because they are rubber and you can wash them.
These are the ones she is wearing- Natives
I wore my Equipment Dress to the graduation ceremony.  It was just reduced this week.  I wear mine often and love the floral print.
I am wearing a size small for reference.
My tiny graduate:)  We had someone snap family photos but all they turned out fuzzy.  I can't wait for my iphone upgrade mine is a hot mess!

New favorite pizza, The BBQ chicken from Pasianos.  I love the addition of jalapenos.

Speaking of jalapenos.  I just started adding them to our avocado toast in the morning thanks to Matt's idea.  It is a genius combo with the crunch and heat.


Sterling also had his last soccer game this week and got his second trophy. So proud of my little man.


Had some fun in the sprinkler this past weekend.
Frances is rocking her favorite shoes again, I am telling you they are all she wants to wear!
Working it like a supermodel.

I had a little more time to browse the Nordstrom sale.  I ended up ordering this Rag and Bone tank.  It is 60% off right off right.   Figured it would be great with shorts and especially white jeans.

Rebecca Taylor just started their Memorial Day Sale.  You can take additional 25% off sale merchandise.  Use code SALE25.  I am obsessed with this bright poppy print.





I wanted to mention next Saturday May 30th I will be helping to host an event at Gwynn's in Mount Pleasant debuting the new Laura Mercier Spring line!    The event is 10-7 and there is a fabulous gift with your purchase.  If you want to schedule an appointment to have your make-up done which I highly recommend call Britney at 843.849.9667
She did my make-up and is amazing!  I will be there in the morning and there will be fun drinks and nibbles!

Happy Thursday!




11 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your dog. Your kids look so cute in their pictures. We love Natives, too! Great summer shoe. Where is your red blouse from in the pic? Love the color on you!

MadeByHind said...

Your kids look so cute. Sorry about the dog. I loved the dress photo so much. Let me know if we can follow each other :-)
http://hind-toufga.blogspot.se/

Keely said...

I'm so very sorry about your loss, that is one of the hardest things losing a pet. The unconditional love they give is irreplaceable. Sending prayers for peace for you and your family. On a lighter note, such adorable pictures! This morning is bittersweet with no where to be with school out, we loved our school too! Enjoy your precious babies! LOOOVE the super model pic! Lol

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

So, so sorry to hear about your sweet pup. Animals become our family and their loss hurts just the same.

Sterling looks so grown up in his graduation picture! And I love that Equipment dress on you.

Katie S. said...

Prayers for you and your family on the loss of your pet. They truly become part of the family and I cant imagine the emotions you guys have been through! Enjoy the long weekend pretty girl!

Leigh said...

I'm so sorry about losing your dog. The death of a pet is like losing a family member. On a happier note, we love Natives in our house! My 3 year old calls them the best shoes ever. I like that they clean up so quick and effortlessly. I love the pictures of your sweet family.

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

So sorry about your pup. :( That is always so hard. Your kids are adorable. That pizza and breakfast both look delicious! Yum. And I'm loving that poppy print!

megan said...

So sorry for your loss! I am dreading the day I have to go through the same with my Brady. Those are great pics of your babies to remember their respective milestones. :)

Laura said...

Aw, your son's face in the picture with his dad is precious. Happy Summer!

MEEEE! said...

so very sorry to hear of nelson's passing. thinking of you guys and that sweet boy.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

So so sorry Nat :(