Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Loaded Veggie Couscous


This is my new favorite salad for lunch.  One of my sister's good friends Megan, passed this recipe on to her and she passed it on to me. It is a real winner and super easy to put together.  You really can use any veggies you have on hand but this combo pairs together really well.   The more veggies the better.  My sister added artichoke hearts to hers as well.  This will save well in the fridge for several days.
Would also pair great with kabobs if you wanted a more substantial meal.
Enjoy!



|| L O A D E D  V E G G I E  C O U S C O U S ||

- 1 box Near East Parmesan CousCous
- 1 jar sundried tomatoes ( save the oil)
- 3-4 green onions sliced
-  red bell pepper diced
- handful of kalamata olives diced
- 4-5 hearts of palms sliced
- 1 cup chick peas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 english cucumber diced
- crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 lemons juiced

Cook the couscous according to the box and fluff when a fork when it is done cooking.  Add in all the veggies and stir together.  Pour the oil from the sun dried tomatoes in and season with salt and papper.  Add the juice of two lemons.  I added another drizzle of regular olive oil in.    Serve at room temperature and enjoy!




4 comments:

Eloquently Emily said...

This looks absolutely amazing and perfect to bring to a cookout or make to have friends over! I love all the colors together, cant wait to try it out!

April of Smidge Of This said...

I am a sucker for sundried tomatoes. I am definitely giving this recipe a try -- right up my alley. Love your recipes!

Val said...

I'm all about this Couscous life right here!!

Jill E said...

How many will this salad serve (as a side)?