Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thoughts For Thursday

A few weeks ago we did a photo shoot with Pink Chicken, one of my favorite kids lines.  They asked Frances Moon to be their model for the Fall line coming out in 2016.  I was ecstatic because I just adore their line.  The photos won't be released til next year when the clothes come out but I had to share a few photos we took of Frances and Henry at the end.  They were rewarded with lollipops for their hard work.


I wanted to share two recent purchases I am loving.  Both are under $100 too.
This Vince Camuto Blouse has become such a favorite I am considering ordering another color.  It is great because you can wear if off shoulder or pulled up.  Runs on the large side, definitely size down.  I am in a size xs.  It comes in 6 different colors.
Here is a view of it on my shoulders. 
Frances was loving her Jeni's ice cream:)

Second favorite outfit is this Topshop Dress.  It is so comfortable.  Plus I love the fringe + embroidery detail.  This also runs on the large side.  It is loose and would be fabulous pregnant.

The Nordstrom sale is still going strong.  I wanted to share a few beauty favorites on sale.
This PMD machine is amazing.  The machine was made to replicate the treatment used for microdermabrasion by using the same aluminum oxide crystals on spinning discs.   It slightly suctions your skin and it feels really weird at first.  I swear by mine and I use it about once a week.   It tightens your skin, helps remove dead skin, and smooths your fine lines.    It is normally $179 but now it is $106.  
My other top 10 beauty picks from the sale.
The Nest Candles never go on sale, I had to treat myself to a set of them!





I read Elin Hilderbrand's, The Rumor at the beach and Jane Green's Beach House.  Both were such good reads.  I think I read each book in 2 days, the characters definitely suck you in.  I recommend both, although I think I may have liked The Rumor a bit more.


Matt and I just booked a trip to New York City next month and I am so excited.  I have not been to the city in probably 6 years.  Would love to know any favorite shops, restaurants, or things to see/do while we are there.



 I am totally obsessed with this chocolate.  If you have not tried it you need to.  They just came out with a new flavor that has cinnamon toast crunch mixed in the chocolate.  I have not seen it yet but when I do I am buying it.  I purchased my bars at World Market and Starbucks, not sure what other retailers carry them.
Grilled Lettuce.  I am thinking this needs to happen in my life.  I have never grilled lettuce before but I keep seeing recipes of it and now I want to try it.  I will try and recreate a recipe soon and share!


We had our monthly girl's supper club last night and this is what I wore.  This is the one dress I purchased from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale.  I figured I could wear it now and into Fall with tights and booties.  Runs TTS.


Thursday Vibes.











9 comments:

Emily {Luscious Life & Decor} said...

Love the blue top and I love grilled romaine!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Your little girl is such a natural model. Future lifestyle blogger coming at ya!

lvmoon said...

Natalie, I am so excited you are coming to NYC! For a fancy steak house, Del Frisco's has the best (and very expensive) dinner out there. The food is outrageous and it was the best meal we have ever had, we still talk about it three years later. The High Line is a fun tourist thing to do. Also a walk on the Hudson River is beautiful starting down around Houston Street. The East River is nice too and has a path to walk all the way down to the Brooklyn Bridge. You can enter at 23rd Street on the East Side for easy, safe access. A lot of people like to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge for fun. Brunch at Jane in SoHo is delicious, you would love the roasted shrimp dish, and get there at 10 when they open (on a Sunday for full brunch menu) for no wait, but no alcohol served until noon--quite the dilemma. Great shopping on Broadway in SoHo. Case Mono is Mario Batalli's tapas place in Gramercy and is delicious and fun. We like to sit at the bar to watch them make the tapas. Ippudo has the best ramen in town but you have to go when they open for dinner because there is always a wait. The Standard Hotel has a beer garden below it and a cool, trendy bar with good views at the top. Get there before 8:30 p.m. if you don't have a reservation for upstairs. The elevator line moves pretty quickly. You may also like the roof bar at 230 Fifth which has great Empire State Building views.I have heard great things about brunch at Cafeteria in Chelsea but it may be a bit trendy for Matt, might be more of a ladies spot. You can get cheap tickets for a Broadway show if you wait in line in Times Square the day of the show at TCKTS. Also my husband owns a bar, but it is genuinely my favorite spot for a drink, The Belfry on 14th Street. They don't serve a full food menu but it is great for a cocktail before dinner or in the afternoon and their pickled string beans and okra are so good. They are known for the pickle back shots and you may love their cocktail, "The Cleanse." I will post again if I think of anything else but these would be my top picks. Have fun!!!!! -Lauren

Unknown said...

Natalie!

Does the personal microderm kit need extra supplies (i.e. crystals) to use it, or do you just replace the tips every so often. I think I am going to take the plunge based on your review :)

Brooke and Meggan of Somewhere, Lately said...

There are so many great places to eat and shop in NYC. A few of my favorite places to brunch: Bubby's Tribeca, Jane, The Fat Radish, and Smorgasburg (in the summer in Brooklyn - best donut of my life), and dinner: ABC Kitchen, Buddakan (from Sex & The City where Carrie and Big had their rehearsal dinner - but the food is outstanding!!! and it's not cliche, it's an amazing place), One if by Land, Two if by Sea (voted most romantic NYC restaurant, live music is fun and it's quieter than most NYC restaurants which is nice), Catch (cool rooftop too!), Dos Caminos (Soho or Meatpacking for the best location), and Isola Trattoria at the Mondrian Hotel (super gorgeous interior, google it!). To shop, I love love love Madison + 5th Ave around 59th street and up - basically any and every store you could want (besides Nordstrom!) within walking distance of each other - Bloomingdale's, Bergdorfs, Schutz, Hermes, Celine, Barneys, Vince, Zara, Diptyque, more, more, and more. I also love shopping in SoHo, but it gets so crowded, and the Upper East Side is just easier to navigate! Also the Plaza Hotel has a pretty great food court in the lower level (think high-end food court if there is a thing, this is it!), great crepe place, and a few great crostini places, also saw a lobster roll place but haven't tried that one yet!
xx
Brooke
http://www.somewherelately.com/

Beets and Bratwurst said...

NYC will be grand! I was there in April and again in May. I am including both my blog pieces directed at both trips. Let me know if you want any guidance re where to eat. Or perhaps tell me what you are looking for - steakhouse, gastropub, etc. We have the #s of a couple of managers at hard to book spots. Yahoo!

http://beetsandbratwurst.blogspot.com/2015/05/how-to-gotham-city.html

http://beetsandbratwurst.blogspot.com/2015/06/no-love-sincerer-than-love-of-food.html

Unknown said...

FM is the absolute cutest thing!!

Suzanne said...

Your children are adorable! Glad to hear you liked The Rumor, that's my next read...waiting for my mom to finish it! Have you read Elin's other books? We spend a lot of time on Nantucket so I'm a big fan of her writing since it incorporates lots of local sights and scenes :)

LG said...

Levain Bakery on the Upper West Side! Known for cookies but the cinnamon brioche is amazing too. Grab a coffee and then walk around the park. That was my most favorite thing to do when I lived there. Also for heavy comfort food you might want to check out the Half King and then walk it all off on the High Line... If you can move afterwards :)