Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Greek Salad Bowl + Marinated Chick peas | Favorites on Sale


I am 100% obsessed with Greek food.  A Greek salad is my go-to lunch most days.  This bowl right here is a combination of all the things I love.  The chopped Greek salad and marinated chick peas are awesome on their own but even better together.  Throw in some quinoa, hummus, and kale and you have a healthy lunch or dinner bowl.  Both the chopped salad and the chick peas can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to assemble.   This is also great served with extra pita chips or toasted Naan bread to scoop everything up with.   I usually store everything in separate containers and then just scoop out into a bowl when I am ready to eat.
Enjoy.


|| G r e e k   S a l a d   B o w l ||

-marinated chick peas (see recipe below)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 2 persian cucumbers diced in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup broken pita chips (toss in pita chips right before serving if you are making ahead of time)
-  1/2 cup Greek Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
Mix all together and toss with Greek vinaigrette

- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- shredded kale or romaine
- optional additions on the side | stuffed grape leaves, pepperoncinis, pita chips. toasted Naan bread


G r e e k  V i n a i g r e t t e 
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- juice from one lemon

Mix all together in a mason jar.  This will save for 2 weeks in the fridge.


 m a r i n a t e d  c h i c k  p e a s


1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 teaspoons honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Mix all together.  Let sit for 30 minutes.  Can be stored in fridge for several days. 


..........................................................
Recent OOTD- this blouse is now 60% off.  


I have this dress in the red color and loved it so much I ordered this white.  It is such a great easy Summer dress.  It is now 60% off.  I am wearing a small.

I love this Joie dress.  It also comes in black but I love this neutral color for Spring.
I have this cover-up in the pink version and love it.  This one is now under $100.

I own this in white and love it.  I have a size small.  It is fully lined. The black is now on crazy sale.

I love the boho print.  I am wearing a size small.

I am wearing a small.  I love the white print even more for Spring.


Smocked Off Shoulder
I love the white with the bright rainbow smocking.  I featured the black version on here last month.






1 comment:

Amanda said...

Do you have a link for your beige heels?