Wednesday, March 1, 2017

St John Recap


I wanted to share a few pictures (ok, actually a lot of pictures)  from our trip to St John last weekend.  We had the absolute best time ever.  We feel in love with St John, such a gorgeous island with so many nice people.  Our only regret was that we didn't stay longer.  Next time we will definitely do an extra night or two.  I have to say girl time is so good for the soul.  We laughed so hard we cried and shared so many amazing memories.  I feel so lucky to have these girls in my life.

Ready for take off!



St John doesn't have an airport so we flew into St Thomas and took a ferry from there.  Since we were staying at the Westin they had their own taxi service and ferry which made things super easy and convenient.


The ferry ride was about 40 minutes but such a beautiful ride.
As I mentioned before we stayed at the Westin.  We had a 3 bedroom 3 bath villa and it was perfection.   So nice and the perfect amount of space for us girls. 
They greet you with rum punch when you arrive- and yep that is Caycee chilling in the bath (fully clothed).

The first night we headed to Zozo's for dinner.  So many people recommended it and it was one of our favorites.  I loved the food and atmosphere.

I had the ravioli and beet salad both were amazing.
What I wore:


The next day we headed to Cruz Bay for lunch and to lay out.  Several people recommended The Rum Hut and Beach Bar for drinks.  They were right on the beach and we had a blast.




At The Beach Bar we had the buffalo shrimp and they were so fresh and tasty.


I ended up loving the higher waisted one piece I ordered. It was nice to suck in and hide the flab.


That night for dinner we ended up canceling our reservations and eating at Ollie and Knox at The Westin.  It was our least favorite meal.  The food was just not great and we didn't love the atmosphere either.

After dinner we headed to The Longboard for a drink.  We heard it was owned by Charleston Peeps so knew we needed to check it out.
Wearing: 

The next day was another beach day.

For dinner that night we headed to Extra Virgin, which I absolutely adored.  They do farm to table cooking and grow most of their produce.  Their menu changes daily.


We enjoyed this red wine which was really good.
 What I wore:



We didn't fly out the next day til almost 5 so we enjoyed some beach time and lunch at High Times.

High Times was right on the water and the food was really good.  I have to say all of our meals were really good.  

I had the BLT and it came with brie and mango chutney.  I def plan on recreating this at home.
  
I wore this dress for traveling and it was so comfy!
We were sad to leave but ready to see our babies.  We made a pact will are going to do a girl's trip once a year! 

Love these girls so much! 




6 comments:

natasha {schue love} said...

Looks like the best time!! And you're right, nothing is better than bonding with girlfriends! Next up...you need to plan a girls trip to Napa! ;)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Looks amazing! Girls trips are the BEST!

graywolff said...

My BFFS and I love St Johns as well. The last 2 visits we rented a VRBO (huge) house with pool...and a driver (when needed). Total bliss!
I semi agree with you about the high topped bathing suit bottom. We are the same age and size and shape..I think there gets to be a point in life when the youthful bikini makes a statement I don't mean to make. I find a great one piece to be classically sexy.
I'll keep an eye out for the Charleston crowd next year!

A Dash of Pretty said...

You ladies are the cutest! Girls trips are SO good for the soul!

Taylor said...

Looks like such a great trip Natalie! Girls trips really are the best. I have never been to St. John but my brother lived there for a while and he's going back w his wife next month! Your outfits were all adorable!

The Sarcastic Blonde

Unknown said...

Such a fun and gorgeous trip!!! I'm dying over all your outfits, that pom pom tote and palm dress and your suits, all so cute! Glad y'all had a blast!

Erin, Attention to Darling
www.attentiontodarling.com