Saturday, November 13, 2010

Eat This- Shrimp Tacos



I kept meaning to post this recipe Thursday and then Friday but life set in! I had a million errands to run and a teething baby. Better late than never right? My hubby would eat red meat every night if he could. This was my attempt to make something we both love, mexican food, but healthy minus the ground beef. Matt and I just kind of improvised with this recipe, but its good, real good. Per our food mentor Bobby Flay, we cook and marinate our meats simply and add flavor with the toppings. BTW I met Bobby Flay when I was in NYC, another story for another time but I will say he was short, way shorter than he looks on TV! Oh and the black stuff on the plate beside the tacos that looks funky is refried black beans, a delicious side for the tacos. This recipe is super easy, healthy and tasty!

THE MASON'S SHRIMP TACOS
-1 or 1.5 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined (buy local if you can)
-Canola Oil
-Shredded Cabbage
-Red Onion thinly sliced
-Sour Cream
-Taco Seasoning Packet
-Monterrey Jack cheese, Shredded
-Fresh diced Jalapenos
-Avocado mashed with lemon juice, salt & pepper or guacamole
-Corn Tortilla Shells

Marinate the shrimp for about 15 minutes in Canola Oil, salt and pepper. Add about 1-2 TBlS Canola Oil to a large skillet pan to heat and add shrimp. Saute about 3-5 minutes until pink. Meanwhile mix Sour Cream with taco seasoning packet- add as little or as much seasoning as you like. Layer Shrimp, cabbage, red onion, sour cream and avocado on warm corn shells. Top with shredded cheese and jalapenos. Add hot sauce and Enjoy.

2 comments:

Alicia xoxxo said...

Looks good! I will def try these!

The Daily Stroll said...

I made these the other night! They were so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)