Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Fall Harvest Pasta Salad + Holiday PJ Ideas for Her + The Cutest Stripe Top


I love love love pasta salad.  I would eat it everyday if it weren't for all the carbs.  I have a standard version that I make frequently but I am always looking for new ones.  I love the addition of sweet potatoes and broccoli in this one.  They pair so well with the creamy goat cheese and tangy dried cherries.  This is definitely best at room temperature so let it sit out about 15-20 minutes before serving.  
Enjoy! 

|| F A L L   H A R V E S T   P A S T A   S A L A D ||
adapted via Inspired by Charm

2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 pound multi-colored pasta
3 cups broccoli, chopped (about 1-inch pieces)
1 cup dried cherries 
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cup poppy seed dressing  (I used the Brianna kind)
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled

Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sweet potato pieces on a large baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and then toss. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. You'll want the pasta to be al dente. Drain the pasta, allow it to cool, and place it in a large bowl.
To the bowl of pasta, add the roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, dried cranberries, pine nuts, and red onions. Toss with the poppy seed dressing until evenly coated. Crumble in the goat cheese and gently stir again until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Stir before serving, adding more dressing if needed.
...........................................................................
I don't know about y'all but I love having cute holiday PJ's.  I rounded up a few of my favorites below.   I have the gold slippers and fleece pants.  They are both so comfy.
holiday pjs

............................................................................
I found the cutest blouse while shopping the other day.  It would be great for the holidays paired with a fun statement necklace or earrings.  Who doesn't love stripes + ruffles??  Sizing wise it is pretty TTS.  I am wearing a size small.  
Stripe Blouse Use code GETGIFTS to save 30% today




3 comments:

Kyle said...

I got the striped J.Crew top last weekend, and it will be a holiday favorite. The price was excellent with discount code, too. J.Crew has had amazing specials lately.

Just Being Brooklyn said...

That pasta salad looks delicious!!

Ramona said...

That top is freakin adorable!!! And that pasta salad looks and sounds delightfully delicious!!