Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Enchilada Lasagna



Let me start by saying the top picture is not mine.  The hubs and I scarfed this meal down so fast we forgot to even take a picture.  It was just that good.  I made this casserole for a friend who had surgery and made enough for us to have one as well. It was so super easy to make and off the charts good.  If you discriminate against casseroles and using cream of anything soups then this recipe is not for you.  But if you are like me and love a casserole and Mexican food,  this will be right up your alley.  It was so creamy and delish.  Serve with a side of black or pinto beans and you have an easy weeknight dinner.  It also reheats just as well the next day!  Next time I may try it with beef and for any vegetarians you could definitely sub beans or sauteed veggies for the chicken. Enjoy you will want to add this tasty meal into your weekly dinner rotations!


{Enchilada Lasagna}
adapted from Mogwai Soup

Ingredients:

2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 lbs chicken breast, chopped to bite pieces
5 cups of Mexican blend cheese
1 can of cream of celery
1 can of cream of chicken
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup canned and chopped green chillies (drained)
small corn tortillas
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
Brown chicken in a pan on 2 tbsp of oil. Season with salt and pepper.  (For this step I used a Rotisserie Chicken)  I shredded it and then tossed it with salt and pepper and cumin.  Then I added some of our homemade taco seasoning. just a few sprinkles of it for more flavor.

In a bowl combine cream of celery, cream of chicken, sour cream and green chillies.

Prepare a bowl of water that you will dip your corn tortillas in (dipping them in water keeps them from getting dried out in the casserole) and the dish you will assemble the lasagna in.

Put 1/2 cup of cream mix on the bottom of the baking dish and spread. Layer a row of tortillas followed with cream mix, chicken and cheese. You should be able to make 3 layers like this. Last layer doesn't need chicken, just a ton of cheese.  

We served ours with sour cream, fresh diced jalapenos, and taco sauce.

Bake at 350 degrees about 30-40 minutes.   

-Photo via Mogwai Soup-







18 comments:

pretty little things said...

that looks amazing -- I need to try this! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Julia Ryan said...

I will be making this for sure. Cheesey oooey gooey one dish mexican dinners are right up Matt's alley!

caycee said...

OMG this sounds amazing!!!! Must make this asap!!!!

Christina said...

Cheese. Everywhere. I'm a fan.

Andrea said...

Mexican food + lasagna = perfect! Thanks for sharing, this is definitely going on my recipe list to make soon!

High Cotton Style said...

Love this recipe! I'm always game for mexiroles!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

I'm so making this. Looks & sounds delish!

Baby Shopaholic said...

This looks delish! One day so I am going to go through all these recipes and make them! When is the cook book coming out?

McKenzie said...

That sounds amazing and something the whole family would love! I'm about to go on maternity leave so this sounds like a simple dish I can make and have leftovers for lunch! THANKS!

erica said...

this looks amazing. I will definitely have to make this asap! xo

Val said...

BE STILL MY HEART!!!!

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! My friend made me mexican lasagna very similar to this for my birthday last year and it was delish. Maybe I can get her to make me this one next . hehe! xoxo

Taylor said...

oh my gosh. and who the hell discriminates against casseroles??!! no one worth knowing. pinning immediately!!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

This sounds absolutely fantastic...and seeing as I don't think I've ever met a lasagna or an enchilada that I didn't like, I'm positive this is going to be a hit! (c:

Lexi said...

Anything Mexican and covered in cheese is my favorite. Not that that's a good thing for my waistline!
♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

Bud and Leo said...

yum these w/ a margarita sound amazinggg!

Unknown said...

Whoa this is some serious downhome ooey-gooeyness here! This is the perfect marriage of my two favorite food groups...yes, I consider Italian and Mexican food legitimate food groups!

www.bstylewise.blogspot.com

hermes bag outlet said...

For ladies, coco chanel online are their best friend. They carry it everywhere. A high-quality hermes birkin kelly handbags and suitable leather handbag will encourage your stylish taste and louis vuitton wallets nature and it will certainly show to others who you are. You may have forever longing to find out one omega watches online that can go with most of the things and instances, and a find a christmas gifts online could provide you the answer. When it comes to fashion, women are very meticulous as most of their concerns are focused on fashion discount rolex watches and trends. Designer handbags can be a great addition to your style together with catier pendents stylish clothes and fashionable accessories. It is best if you know how to choose the right womens jackets for you, whether you are going to use it for gimmicks, a simple family gathering or use it for work.