Friday, September 28, 2012

Thoughts For Friday


Word. Its Friday and that makes me happy. I love the weekends.  My rents are here this weekend which makes me even happier. Tonight we are doing an art/wine stroll and I can't wait!

Can we talk about this entryway?  Pink + Leopard + That Chandy = a girl's dream.  I must incorporate some aspects of this into my house.


I just saw these pictures of Kristen Cavallari six weeks post baby.  She looks amazing.  I think I was seriously still in maternity jeans 6 weeks out.  I hope she shares her tips.  I am going to blame it on the fact that she is younger than me and bounced back quickly!  But man she looks incredible!   It is still kind of weird to me that she has a baby, but not as weird as Snooki having a baby!



J Crew is having a sale right now where you get 25 % and free shipping on orders of $150+, use code STYLE25.   Here are a few goodies I have my eye on.




Ever since Natasha posted this recipe for Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchiladas from Maria's gorgeous blog Yummy Mummy, I have been dreaming about them.  How delicious do they look and sound??   I plan to make to them next week, problem is the hubs is funny about meatless meals.  Maybe I will just cook a side steak to go with his:)


Have ya'll heard of Pose?  It is a new App where you can take pictures of your outfits and let friends view and "like" them.  It also will provide links if you want to buy what someone is wearing.  Pure genius I tell you.   It is just like Instagram but for fashion!  It is my latest obsession.  The app is free- you can follow me at nataliemason24.



Speaking of fashion- new favorite fall color combo= orange and burgundy.  Love it.


For all you locals this Sauvignon Blanc is on sale at the Pig right now for $4.99- yep you read that right.  Normally retails for $9.99 and it is now $4.99 so go on and stock up.  Its good.  Matt claims it tastes as good as the expensive stuff.  Stock up for hostess gifts or parties.  Heck I am stocking up for weekly wine drinking.


I picked up Sterling's Halloween Costume this week.  He told me he wanted to be Spider Man so I figured I better snag a costume before they were all sold out.  He is obsessed with it.  He napped in it and then insisted on wearing it to the park it.  It was tripping me out.  But at least he is getting more than one wear out of it, right?



This quote really spoke to me this week.   Have a great weekend!



19 comments:

Jill said...

I just download Cloth for my phone, Heather told me about it, you take pictures of outfits you love and it will store them for you into categories, but you cannot share with your friends.

have a great weekend with your mama

Sadie + Stella said...

I mean does Olivia ever get it wrong?!? Ever!?? Love your boys Spiderman costume. He totally rocked it. I love your direction for your entry. Pink and leopard? Blackcent walls? What is not to love?!?!

Melissa W. said...

You crack.me.up. I am probably the only "Natalie lover" that does not care about clothes like I should care. I live in "work-out" clothes! LOL. If I downloaded that app and sent someone my outfit, they would die laughing! I can rock some style if I have something fun to attend (rarely). Our date night is usually Kicken Chicken (hubby's fav. place)! Ha!

Headed to the Pig to pick up some wine-o. Love that you said, "weekly wine." Too funny! Have a spider-riffic weekend!

Julia Ryan said...

Oh Sterls, how I love everything this kid does! I'm loving that first entry!

Unknown said...

Wow that entry is gorgeous!! And I just downloaded Pose the other day too!! Social media is taking over my life and my iphone! haha Loving Sterlings Spiderman costume, he is just presh!

Ames said...

Sounds like Sterling is like all my boys and loves to dress up. After Halloween you should go to Target and buy as many costumes as you can at 70-90% off. I did that a few years ago and it was the best $100 I ever spent on my boys! I got a ton of costumes and they have worn them so much!! Some of them are not the best quality and will fall apart but remember you got it for 75% off of $9.99 or $14.99!!!!!

livingchel said...

I am in love with that entry way. I'm pretty sure that light is from West Elm. I have had my eye on it for my closet/office room make over that I want to accomplish at some point over the winter.

Christina said...

hold the phone. kristen was pregnant?! i am so awful w/ celebrity gossip. what the crap though? where have i been? i want wine now. it's 10 am. damn it.happy weekend!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I have Pose on my Iphone but haven't tried it yet. I'm obsessed with Cloth!!

Those pics of Sterling are hilarious. My kids are going to be Superman and Supergirl. Go Superheros!!

I love Yummy Mummy's recipes!

Jessie said...

That costume cracks me up! He is so funny!

Lala said...

My little boy is also spider man this year, mostly because he is into the muscles and we couldn't find a superman one his size.

Kristen C. is so not ready for a baby-in my mind she is still that whiney teenager. What am I saying, I'm just totally jealous of that post-baby bod.
Have a great weekend

Kerr said...

I am absolutely stopping at the pig on the way home for that wine. You find the best deals! And sterling looks so cute in his costume, love it!

natasha {schue love} said...

You soooo have to make those enchiladas!! Amazing I tell you!!

Taylor said...

cannot believe how amazing kristen cavallari looks! and I completely agree about the orange + burgundy - that outfit on olivia is perfection. happy weekend :)

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

seanna said...

Okay...#1, my husband would NEVER let me put pink chairs and a leopard print rug in our house so if you're allowed to get away with that then you have a pretty easygoing man :) #2, Kristin Cav being that skinny so soon really ticks me off. I'm 6 weeks PP today and while I'm not in my maternity jeans, I definitely did the "rubber band" trick today. And I am NOT back to my pre-pregnancy weight. #3, Sterling is adorable!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

That quote is the perfect "chin up" quote, def a much needed reminder (c: And your Spidey is the best Spiderman *ever*! My 5 year-old is going to be a ninja...but I totally hid his costume and told him he can't have it until Halloween. Mean mommy, *right here* (c:

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

I heart Spiderman!

Anna (Minted Photography) said...

My Hudson is obsessed with Spiderman! He already had a Spiderman costume and was going to be that for Halloween, but we just switched his costume last week to coordinate with Avery! Sterling is adorable!!

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

kristen cav really does look amazing!! i hope i'm that lucky one day ;) just bought some burgandy skinny jeans from old navy - love!