Friday, September 7, 2012

Thoughts For Friday

So, I get alot of reader questions in my comment section and I want you to know I try to respond to every question.  But if there is not an email address associated with your google account or whatever you use to leave comments, I can't respond to you.  So please don't think I am ignoring you- when in doubt just email me directly if you never hear back. 

One question I get all the time is what size is your initial necklace?  My necklace is the Jennifer Zeuner Medium Initial in Gold.  I ordered an "s" for Sterling as my push gift and wear it all the time.  I can't say enough great things about this necklace.  It is great alone or layered,  such a versatile piece.  Two years later and I still wear it almost daily.




I love everything about this look for fall.  Stripes and Booties are my favorite combo.  I must recreate this look.  Too bad my hair just does not look cute in a top knot. 


I keep seeing interviews and hearing lots of rave reviews about the new movie Bachelorette.  I adore Isla Fischer, so I can't wait to watch it.  I am not the biggest Kristen Dunset fan however, (remember when she and Jake Gyllenhaal where so hot and heavy?) but maybe I will grow to like her more.  Seems like it may be kind of a similar idea to Bridesmaids, but I loved that movie it was hilarious!


I have been on a real organization kick lately and I love this idea of using white beans to store make-up brushes.  Such a cheap and easy idea.  It looks so clean and fresh too.

Want to know a secret?  I am obsessed with the Liz Lange Maternity Tank Tops.  And no I am not pregnant, I am just tall (almost 5'10) and these tanks are super long and fit so well.   They are super comfortable too, I even sleep in mine sometimes.   If you are looking for a great basic tank top please stock up on these.  I own like 8 from when I was pregnant with Sterling.   Black, Grey, and White are the best colors to get for layering. I wore my grey one yesterday with my pink jeans.   They are only $12!!  The stores are always sold out in my size but they carry them online as well.



I just picked a huge thing of Figs for super cheap at our local grocery store and I am thinking I want to make a Fig Pizza with them.   Anyone have a Fig Pizza Recipe they love?  I am torn between using blue cheese or goat cheese, as most of the recipes I come across use one or the other.  I also think it would be amaze with some crispy panchetta crumbled over top and maybe arugula as well.  Dish if you have made Fig pizza before.


I always find Ecards that trip me out and this one was no exception.  Wine is totally my destresser.


 
I came across this on Pinterest and it really resonated with me.  I am so guilty of complaining and getting frustrated about stupid things.  I sometimes forget how darn lucky I am.  So important for us all to remember.



Have a great weekend my pretty friends!

35 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

I love that look! You can so pull off the ankle boots. I am not quite sure that I can...hmmm. Love your spotted blouse and pink draped blazer. Figs are on fire lately!! See them in everything!

One Sweet World said...

Yum those figs! Southern Living just did a whole section on figs last month, and I've tried the Figgy Focaccia. It was delicious and got rave reviews from the husband too. http://bakerlg.blogspot.com/2012/08/figgy-focaccia.html

Lala said...

I love restyling my maternity pieces, especially the target ones! I have the medium Jennifer zeuner that I wear daily also, but do wish it was a little smaller some days! I need to do what it is about all these figs lately?

Anonymous said...

Maternity tanks, say whaa? Love that, they look great on you & I never in a million years would have guessed maternity!! I'm just shy of 5'10" too, shout out to the tall girls!

Melissa W. said...

you are too cute. too cute for words. Love your tank-tops. I look like a sausage in a tank-top. You look perfect in one ;). I wish I loved figs. My grandmother always had a fig tree in her yard and she lived a few-doors-down and always brought them over. I think I saw too many animals eating them to ever like them. I am WEIRD about food. If I see it in the 'natural state,' I will not eat (chicken running around before the kill, food growing on a vine with bugs on it, and/or nuts on a tree with squirrels pooping on them, etc. no thanks). I know weird! Happy Friday!

Melissa W. said...

Oh, and I think I am the ONLY female who does not care for jewelry :( I have my grandmother's diamonds next to my engagement diamond and my wedding band. The only jewelry I wear. Oh and some earrings on occasion. I wish I loved jewelry :( I have not had a watch in YEARS! Chris even offered to buy me a USED (not brand-new=cheap hubby) Rolex once. Kind of wish I wanted a watch :) LOL

Anonymous said...

My FAV "pizza" place does a pizza with fig, gorgonzola, house made mozz, EVOO, and arugula on top. It is amazeballs! Pair with a glass of wine and you have one happy mama!

Courtney said...

That's funny about the tanks, I love the Liz Lange tops too, they're nice and long (and I'm not preggo). I love goat cheese with figs, delicious!

HeirloomSplendor said...

Love the pinterest quote! I say goat cheese + fig + carmelized onions + pancetta pizza (with a big glass of wine) = delicious. And you now have me obsessed with finding camel colored booties for fall. Love your blog!

Stephanie said...

Ditto on the maternity tank! I still wear mine. I love the length and that it is very "forgiving" in the middle. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie! Not sure I've ever commented before but I love to read you over morning coffee. :) I made this pizza:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/fig-prosciutto-pizza-with-arugula/

It's fig spread, which you can find at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, and the pizza was AMAZING. Great flavors!

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Recently went to Vivace, great restaurant here in Raleigh and had their pizza with roasted chicken, provolone, grilled figs, garlic, shredded romaine - delicious! Love your blog

Christina said...

That e-card is great, and oh so true. If you like figs and goat cheese you need to get to Next Door in Mt P immediately. Their pizza is phenom. I'll meet you for happy hour anytime!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love your pink jeans. I might order one of those tanks!

I get this fig and goat cheese salad at least once a week for lunch. It's addictive!!

I adore that last thing you posted. We have so much to be thankful for!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Love so much on here but that last one is such a nice reminder to just be thankful. Great note.

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Love that necklace. I've wanted one for years, but I've never ordered one. I love that spotted blouse too!

Happy weekend!

The Daily Stroll said...

Great look! I think I have all the pieces to pull that off :) Have you tried the sock bun donut? You can buy them at H&M for a few dollars. They work great! I think goat cheese would be really good with the figs! Have a great weekend!

High Cotton Style said...

That pizza looks delish! We had a huge fig tree in our back yard growing up and LOVED it!

jackpotlove said...

Have that necklace too and just love it that I got a bracelet with my son's initial as well.
I'm short but also love those tanks, lol.
We're doing our big boy room too so can't wait to see the pics.

The LA Diet said...

I am OBSESSED with that look you posted as well (striped l/s shirt w/jeans and booties). Do you know where you found that pic and/or who makes those skinny jeans?! I need to know!!

The LA Diet said...

I am OBSESSED with that look you posted as well (striped l/s shirt w/jeans and booties). Do you know where you found that pic and/or who makes those skinny jeans?! I need to know!!

Taylor said...

that e-card is hilarious. wine is calling my name already for the weekend. and that pinterest pin really is a good reminder - i complain constantly and it is so true. have a great weekend :)

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Portuguese Prepster said...

bachelorette is available on iTunes currently so my roommates and I watched it. Much more of a dark comedy than bridesmaids. It was a little too stressful in my opinion but there are some chic outfits!

bepaisley said...

google Sock Bun - you'll have a really nice bun! love ur blog :)

Beth Dunn said...

I love that meditation haha wine pic!
xoox
SC

Unknown said...

Please share where I can find those pieces so I can recreate the look too!!!

Unknown said...

Please share where I can find those pieces so I can recreate the look too!!!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I bet the top knot is super cute on you. It's about the size of a quarter for me...so not cute.

Shannon said...

Love the booties, do you have a source?thx!

natasha {schue love} said...

I love the tanks too and glad you've unintentionally given me permission to still buy them! And I love fig jam with Brie...I'm sure goat cheese would be just as good!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Oh I absolutely *adore* that last pin...so very true!! Fig pizza, huh? I wonder if the kiddos would like that as much as pepperoni??? (c;

lizziefitz said...

Next Door is a great restaurant in Mt Peasant on Coleman Ave. they have the most incredible fig, honey & blue cheese pizza! Don't even get me started on their yummy wine!

Unknown said...

Just catching up. Love those saying. So true. I think we are all guilty of letting the little things rattle us. Great reminder. And hello to the tank top tip! LOVE that. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Just catching up. Love those saying. So true. I think we are all guilty of letting the little things rattle us. Great reminder. And hello to the tank top tip! LOVE that. Thank you!

Lauren said...

Great post! Where did you get the anmial print blouse? I wonder if it's still available...so cute!