Friday, September 21, 2012

Thoughts For Friday

I am pretty much a stalker when it comes to Gwyneth Paltrow.  She always has and always will be my number one girl crush.   Love everything she does.  First she kills it with this casual outfit.  Now I am convinced I need red booties too.  


Then on Goop she modeled some amazing outfits from JCrew and of course now I want to recreate all these as well.   She has such amazing style.



Remember our new Hutch in our dining room?  Well I think I found a color a want to paint it, this dark gray and I think I may style it similarly as this bar.  Problem is Matt says I can't paint it.  He says he grew up with it the color it is and it reminds him of his childhood (lame).  How do you persuade stubborn husbands that your vision is the right thing to do??  Or should I just ignore him and paint it anyways- ha!


I am still struggling to shed the 5lbs I put on this summer.  I work out and I eat fairly healthy so I am not sure what gives.  Might help if I cut out alcohol but that's a joke.  Not happening.  So awhile back I read that Fergie drinks Apple Cider Vinegar 3x a day.  Then I saw on Jenny's blog that she does too and it helped her shed her extra baby weight.  I am home visiting the family this week and my mom has been drinking it too,  so now I am on the bandwagon.  3 tablespoons 3x a day in 8 oz of water.  It is said to speed up your metabolism and help with digestive issues. I will report back with details and results.  This is the kind you need to buy.


Can we talk about Blake Lively's wedding ring??  First she gets sexy Ryan and then this amazing ring?  Plus you know her closet is fabulous.  Can a girl be any luckier??



Latest obsession for my little man= High Top Chuck Taylors.  Found these at Marshalls.  Sterling loves them already.  His outfit of choice to sport with his new shoes, Elmo PJs.   My man is very opionated about what he wears!



Had a great girls night out Monday with my gals Caycee, Chassity, and Amy.  Here is what I wore:  A.P.C Leopard Dress.  Love this dress and really anything by A.P.C, it is one of my favorite brands.


My particular dress is sold out, but they have a fab turtleneck version for fall that I am pretty sure I need!


This pretty much sums it up.  Happy Weekend.



I am also guesting posting today over at Alex's blog, Things That Sparkle sharing one of my favorite end of summer recipes.  Be sure to check it out HERE. Alex is getting married this weekend so send her lots of best wishes!  I know her wedding will be perfectly planned and gorgeous just like her!
have a great weekend! xoxo

25 comments:

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I had a great time on Monday too and yes, your dress was gorgeous! Grey is one of my favorite colors and I have a ton of it in my house, so I'm very partial to it. Go for it! So interested in this apple cider vinegar trick. Please keep us informed! I'll try anything.... Have a great trip!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I totally have a 5 lbs to shed that I gained AFTER I weaned Fletcher. The most ridiculous shit ever. Let me know how this vinegar works pretty please. Oh and yeah guys are pains when it comes to painting their fam's furniture. I have one of those pieces too....

megan said...

Would love to hear if the apple cider vinegar works...and if it is totally disgusting. Had my final dress fitting last night and there is absolutely no way I can gain any weight from now until the end of March! haha

Unknown said...

I haven't heard about this apple cider vinegar thing...the thought of it sounds GROSS! haha but maybe it's not so bad mixed in the water! And boys will be boys...have you shown him a picture of your "vision"?? Maybe he will come around :)

Keely said...

I have the same issue with my hubs. He thinks are guest bedroom needs ALL of his childhood furniture in it...unchanged all the way down to a desk & chair. I am slowly breaking him down... : ) I HATE all "Matchy, matchy" furniture
I tried the apple cider vinegar gig, I couldn't drink it! It tasted SOO bad. I may try again for the sake of my 5lbs that need to go too.
Great blog! We're headin' to Charleston this weekend so love all your local info.!

Unknown said...

What I've learned with men {my husband in particular} is that they are visual thinkers...they need to see something to know whether or not it's a good idea. Usually my husband balks at my DIY ideas when I just tell him them and he will say no...so then I just do it anyway...and guess what, he usually ends up liking it better just like I said he would! www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Sterline's shoes are the jam. Great find!

Julia Ryan said...

Let's just refresh our memories for a second to the coral painted desk that lives in my new office. That was in Matt's childhood room and he balked when I said I wanted to paint it coral. I told him too bad and that one day he can strip it. Moral of the story, I have a coral desk and he got over it in 5 seconds. Just use the power of persuasion....

Baby Shopaholic said...

Sterling is so adorb in his chucks! Love your dress!

Sadie + Stella said...

Love your dress!! Paint the hutch. You can't help it that ou know best. Now you've convinced me I need red booties!!!

Georgine said...

I would love to copy you on the vinegar, but totally you look like one hottie to me :) I gave two tablespoons of apple cider viegar to my dog this summer and it cleared up his allergies and his skin was really shiny too...hope that doesn't come accross the wrong way!! ;) XOXO
I have read Wheat Belly recently and copied what an expecting friend of mine did to battle bloat- eliminate wheat. It will totally tighten everything up almost overnight!! (Also, I think MFAMB eliminated wheat too).
I need a leopard dress for my birthday in Nov- SOLD!
Have the best weekend... cheers!!!

Jill said...

I saw that on pinterest about drinking apple cider vinegar but was not sure if that was some hoax, you have to let us know how that works out!!

have a great weekend

High Cotton Style said...

Could you just ask for forgiveness?? I need that dress. So the new show Katie... Did you see Truly Love's sister's ring yesterday? Gorg

Kyle said...

OMG! Laughing out loud at your debate to paint the hutch grey. My husband sounds just like yours. : ) I am trying to convince Jay that we need the Scalamandre Zebra wallpaper for our bar area. He is not so sure! May have to do it anyway. Very intreagued by the apple cider vinegar. Is it safe to do while breast feeding? I do need to shed those last 5-7 lbs. Happy weekend.

Liz said...

it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission - paint that thang!

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

OMG. That drinks stronger quote is hilarious. Those high tops bring back crazy memories. I had peach and mint green converse high tops when I was little. LOVED. Does the hutch have doors? Maybe you can leave the inside of each door alone? Or some part of it but bust out the paint on the rest of it???

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

Just looked at your hutch. . . what about leaving each rectangle alone on the front of each door???

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love those little high tops. Henry has the same shoes in the non-high top version.

I love those red booties on Gwennie!!

I swear I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over again. It depends on how much I eat or drink from day to day. And I will not give up my booze either! lol

Love the gray dress!!

Pink and Green Mom said...

Haha I'd just move the hutch out into the garage and tell him when he's ready to let it be painted it can come back in. We have an ugly chair that my husband had in his bachelor pad that has been out in mine for over 2 years because I told him it can't come back in until it's been reupholstered :)

natasha {schue love} said...

I'm super intrigued by the apple cider trick...definitely let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

What IS it with men and stained wood? Ugh. Jenny had me seriously thinking about the vinegar thing. I would like a report on this, please. What's depressing about the last 5 lbs is that, for me, I have nowhere else to go. I watch my food & eat like a bird. I work out 4-6 days a week. I won't give up my wine either. What's left to do??!!

Minted Glam said...

Love your leopard dress - you look fabulous! I've never heard that about the apple cider - very curious to see how it works! Just found your blog & love it.

Katherine

http://mintedglam.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

love the color for hutch. it is all over our house and we love it. you will too!

livingchel said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. You seem like my kind of girl!

Anonymous said...

I want to be Gwyneth...love her, her style, her husband, everything! She really is a classy lady.