Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Spicy Thai White Bean Dip


Alright, lets dish.  Do you get in a recipe rut?  Always cooking the same things?  Well that was true for me in the appetizers department.  I had gotten pretty comfortable with my cheese and hummus tray.  Always a hit but I was eager to spice things up and try something new.  My girlfriend Erin recommended this recipe to me.  I made it last weekend with a few tweaks, because I am always tweaking recipes (it's what I do, plus I always like things spicier than they are- hello Sirachia).  It turned out great, such a fun new appetizer with crazy good flavors.  I did find that it was better after it sat overnight and had time for the flavors to really set in, so keep that in mind. 

The three main ingredients are below.  Bad part is you have to hit up two different grocery stores for the ingredients.  The Thai Peanut Sauce is from Harris Teeter and the chopped veggies are from Trader Joes.  Worth the trip though, just buy them and have them on hand for next time you need an easy app.   Try this recipe next time you are in an appetizer rut.  It is a refreshing change.  Plus if you love Thai food this will be a huge hit in your house!


{SPICY THAI WHITE BEAN DIP}

- 1 Can Cannelini Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 bottle Harris Teeter Thai Peanut Sauce
-Trader Joes Healthy Chopped Veggie Mix
- 1-2 small scallions sliced
-Handful of Cilantro finely chopped
- Several dashes of Siracha and Texas Pete
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Tostidos

Mix all ingredients together and let sit several hours or overnight.  Serve with Tositidos.

-

8 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Nom Nom! Look at you rubbing your Harry Teets (Harris Teeter) in my face. Lord I miss that store from not living in NC anymore. :( This looks divine. Cannot wait to try!

Georgine said...

So cool and healthy!! all of the appetizers I've been pinning recently all start with 8oz of cream cheese ha! This is so easy too - I will definitely try it XO

Julia Ryan said...

oh this looks so good!

Kyle said...

Looks delish! The spicier the better as far as I am concerned. I just happen to have a random can of Cannellini beans in our pantry, so I am def going to try this recipe.

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Oh this sounds really good. Pretty too.

Melissa W. said...

STOP IT! You are making me HUNGRY
:-) LOL Happy Wednesday!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I bet any good peanut sauce would work and you could just chop your own veggies? I'm going to make this!!

Stefanie said...

Your recipes always look amazing! I'm definitely trying this one. One of my favorite recipes you've shared was the loaded baked potato dip!