Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bring it 2013.


If you are anything like me then the New Year really excites you.  A new year always brings so much promise and hope.  A time to start fresh and get things done.  I am really not a resolutions girl.  Why make resolutions that you break and then beat yourself up about it??  I like to make life changes.   
This year most importantly I want to be more thankful and grateful.  I am bad about complaining and wishing for things.  I want to savour my life, each moment, most importantly all the little things and know that my life is good. 

I also want to work on being a better mom, wife, friend, daughter and sister.  I need to be less selfish and more selfless.

This year I also plan on accomplishing alot of house projects. I think you all know I am lazy when it comes to projects but this is my year to get some stuff done.  I plan on doing one project a month- lets not get too crazy right?  Here is my list I am writing it down here to hold my self accountable!

1) Finish Gallery Wall with Family Photos for Hallway
2) Paint Family Room and Hallway
3) Paint Hall Bathroom- This involves attempting to paint the tile as well
4) Paint Front Door Interior Black
5) Get up to date with all my photos- print them and put in books
6) Mount TV in Bedroom
7) Organize all my jewelry
8) New Light Fixture for Sterling's room
9) Paint Hutch in Dining Room
10) Recover Wingback Chairs
11) Clean and Organize our Garage- it is one hot mess
12) New Coffee Table and Ottomans for Den

So there you have it a few life changes, nothing crazy- hopefully I can stick with my plan. 
...........................................................................

We had such a fabulous NYE Monday.  This is our third year of hosting a little party with our friends and their kids.  Always a good time.  Our Mason tradition each year is we burn our Christmas tree- out with the old and in with the new.  Our best friends from Raleigh also came in town for the weekend and we had a blast with them!  Here are a few pictures from our New Years. 








While we are on the topic of New Years and new beginnings, please go to Earthfare asap and pick up this salad.  It is called the Energy nut salad and it was amazing!!  I have officially started my New Years Detox.


On another completely random note my favorite Christmas gift was this Missoni scarf my mom surprised me with.  Usually I like to pick out all my gifts but this was a total surprise.  It is my first infinity scarf and I am hooked.  I have honestly worn it everyday since I got it.  It looks cute with everything!


Good news for you ladies the scarf is onsale right now at ShopBop for 60% off.  And you can get an additional 20% til midnight tonight with code EXTRAOFF.   Such a steal for a Missoni piece!

It comes in these other two colors as well.


You must check out my girl Caycee's blog today.  She is hosting her first giveaway and it is a great one with Tiny Prints!


 
Happy First Thursday of 2013!


26 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Looks like a wonderful party. Happy New Year, Natalie.

Lobster Meets Peach said...

What a wonderful party! And I just love your scarf!!!

Julia Ryan said...

Yay for 2013! You've got a great outlook for the new year and a pretty manageable list for yourself. Although, you might have to put your DIY hat one more than once to get it all done! ha! Maybe I'll just have to get my butt down there to help knock a few off your list with you. Wine and snacks makes these tasks much more fun!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Love that scarf on you!!

Kyle said...

Happy New Year! Love your goals for 2013! The scarf is fabulous. Where did you get your iphone cover? I need an update.

17 Perth said...

That is a great list! And yes, if you write it down it means it has to happen right? Haha. Love the scarf!! Happy 2013 to you!

NCMama said...

Happy New Year! I love your purple blouse in the last pic with the scarf! Who makes the blouse?
Thanks!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Happy New Year, my darling dear! And I got the biggest kick out of the Christmas Tree burning on Insta, totally rad (c:

megan said...

I'm so glad you posted your home to-do list because it reminded me that I need to make one. Especially with all of the new goodies that will be coming in soon from the registry! :) I have been wanting to paint our front door black, too. Happy New Year, friend!

Unknown said...

That scarf is fantastic -- your mom has great taste!

Leslie said...

Happy 2013! I love your new scarf and the party sounds like so much fun.

Jessie said...

I cannot wait to see what you do with your home. Happy New Year!

Taylor said...

Looks like a great NYE and I love that Missoni Scarf! I'm detoxing this week too.... I know I'll make it until Friday night, but then I'm thinking the booze is going to break it. whoooops.

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

It cracks me up that y'all burn your tree - I have never seen that before! I'm sure the kids love it too. Happy new year!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

Happy New Year friend! Rose champagne is the bestest! I'm happy to help you paint! I used to be my parents' slave in that department, so I've got some skills!

Amanda Worthington said...

omg thanks for the scarf recommendation and letting us know it's on sale! I just bought it (curbing my online shopping addiction resolution officially broken 3 days into the New Year, haha). But it was such a good deal! A Missoni scarf for about $60 with the discount - can't beat it:) Plus it's a classic that I'll wear forever and with so many different things.

Amanda Worthington said...

omg thanks for the scarf recommendation and letting us know it's on sale! I just bought it (curbing my online shopping addiction resolution officially broken 3 days into the New Year, haha). But it was such a good deal! A Missoni scarf for about $60 with the discount - can't beat it:) Plus it's a classic that I'll wear forever and with so many different things.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I LOVE Mumm Napa champagne. And of course you look as cute as ever in your pics. Cheers to 2013 darling!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you too! The burning of the Christmas tree is so fun - but I have to admit i'd be standing far away! ;-)

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Looks like one helluva bonfire! Happy new year :)

Unknown said...

Your NYE party looks so so fun!! That Missoni scarf looks so cozy too!! Can't wait to see what you do in 2013 with your house projects!! XoXo

Sadie + Stella said...

That salad looks amazing!!! and so do you!

Laura said...

I love your idea of one project a month! I always choose too many things to do at once and get overwhelmed. I mentioned this idea and linked to your post on my blog!

keepingupwiththekellehers.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! your son is ADORABLE! he can def be a commercial toddler, not even kidding you haha. great blog!

www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

bluehydrangea said...

I am going to burn my tree right now! Great idea!!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Happy new year Natalie! I also have a huge list of things to be made/painted/fixed/hung/bought :)
Ps: your husband's faces are the best, does he know that he's getting famous because of it? ;)