Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Korean Beef Tacos



If you liked the Koren Beef Bowls that I posted a few weeks ago then you will love these Koren Beef Tacos.  I swear Matt and I have been on a Korean Beef roll lately, the flavors are just so intense and good!
 The beef slow cooks all day and is fall apart tender filled with such amazing flavor.  This meal was super easy to whip together too,  you just toss everything in the slow cooker and it does the work for you.  I made mine into tacos but Matt just scooped his beef over white rice and both ways were excellent,  so if you don't want tacos you could go the rice route.
Serve them with some shredded cabbage slaw and sliced green onions and you have an awesome meal!
Enjoy!



|| K O R E A N  B E E F  T A C O S ||
adapted via

2lbs Chuck Roast
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
5-6 minced garlic cloves
 1 white onion sliced thinly
1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 whole jalapeno, diced

The Directions.
Use a 6-quart slow cooker.  Place chuck roast in and the rest of the ingredients.
Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat has fully shredded.   Turn the meat over a few times during the 8 hours.  At about hour 7 I took a fork and started shredding the beef and removing any excess large pieces of fat.  Let cook for the last hour shredded to soak up the sauce!   Serve in soft corn or flour tortillas.  Top with shredded cabbage slaw and green onions.

shredded cabbage slaw

1 bag shredded coleslaw from the grocery store's produce section
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
toss together and serve immediately (it gets too soggy if you make it early in the day)





9 comments:

Jillian said...

YUMMM i need to try this soon. looks so good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

caycee said...

Your tacos look way better than mine today haha!!

Lili said...

oh natalie these looks delish! will be def making these!

Unknown said...

You know anything related to Tacos or Mexican in general...I'm all in!!!

Delta Daisies said...

I made your Korean Beef bowls! They were to die for! You'll have to find them on my blog! You have me on a korean beef kick right now! Thank you! ha!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Another easy Korean dish is Korean beef. I just use hoisin sauce and ground beef, shredded carrots, red pepper and scallions. Saute together and add chopped peanuts and cilantro on top for garnish. Hoisin sauce is the bomb!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Def making this! Love the Korean beef that you posted the recipe for. So I am sure I will love this too!

Laurel @ Laurel Loves said...

These look amazing! I am going to make them, thanks for the recipe!

http://www.laurelloves.com

Jill said...

I have been waiting for this since I saw your pic on instagram!!