Monday, April 21, 2014

Scenes From Our Weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Weekend.  The weather here was kind of crappy but we still had a nice weekend.  I am super ready for some warmer temps and sunny days!  I have a feeling we are going to have a really hot summer.

Friday night we got brave and took the kids to meet one of Matt's old co workers for Happy Hour at Taco Boy.  Apparently we were not the only people with the idea to get there at 5:30, it was a zoo and the kids did not cooperate at all. Lesson learned to stick to happy hour at home.  This was us before we headed out.  Should have know by Sterling's face he would be full of himself!
(I am wearing an Equipment Python Blouse on sale at Saks plus 25% off with code FRNFAM, in the button up version HERE.)


Saturday we had the most delicious breakfast, thanks to one of my blog readers.  She owns RoRo's Baking Co and was sweet enough to send us some cinnamon rolls and when I say they are the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had I am for real.  They were amazing.  Filled to the brim with cinnamon and icing!  She said it is her grandmothers recipe.  They don't carry them in stores here yet but hopefully soon!  You can order online here!


Saturday we mainly stayed inside since the weather was a bust- I walked in to this scene.  Sterling had created a pillow fort all around Frances.  It was pretty funny.


Saturday night we made Korean Beef Tacos that were truly amazing.  Matt and I devoured two pounds of beef.  I will share the recipe Wednesday!  I am still dreaming about them!


I am officially ready for Summer thanks to my cute new one piece from Social Dress Shop.  I can't wait to wear it this Summer. 


Sunday morning the Easter Bunny came.  It was special since it was Frances Moon's first Easter- although Sterling basically claimed everything in her Easter Basket:)


 Then we headed to early church.  All was well until I started smelling something.  I looked down and Frances had pooped everywhere- we are talking it was coming out of her tights and was all down the front of my dress.  Church was packed so we waited til the last hymn and tried to discretely leave without anyone noticing the poop everywhere!  It was an interesting Easter church experience for sure!  Afterwards we strolled the Battery.



That night we had a wonderful family dinner with Matt's family, I love living near the water!


 and these two made it the best Easter ever.  Blessed + Thankful.



Have a great Monday!




16 comments:

Ashley Brickner said...

What a sweet weekend! Happy Easter to your sweet fam!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Jillian said...

im glad you had a good easter (minus the pooping!)
LOVE that suit... annnd I've had those cinnamon rolls! They are SO good!!
xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Anonymous said...

Those cinnamon rolls looking amazing! What a great Easter weekend! Love that quote :)

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Awesome weekend, and cute pictures! I love your new bathing suit! Can't wait for that recipe!

Jill said...

looks like a great weekend!! Dan and I were just saying at church on Sunday that our days of sitting in the cry room and leaving early because of a dirty diaper or fussy baby are over:(

Unknown said...

So stinkin' cute....poor you on Easter Sunday with Frances dropping a bomb on you! Maybe it was all the Easter candy that got to her! haha And I'm loving that Zinke suit!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Those cinnamon buns are making the omelet I'm eating for breakfast look pretty sad. Looks like y'all made the most of this Easter weekend, even though the weather was yuck!

April of Smidge Of This said...

I just can't help but to giggle about the church "incident" but sounds like you guys are pros -- you rolled with the punches! Love it.

Natalie said...

Can't get over the family cuteness. Those cinnamon rolls look incredible and I can't wait for the taco recipe!

Delta Daisies said...

HAHA! Frances is a little stinker isn't she?! :) Glad you guys had a great Easter!

Tess said...

Whoops about the Easter church service! Gotta love babies!

Glad you were able to recover - the white jeans were a brave move ;)

Alicia xoxxo said...

Looks like a great Easter weekend! Love the bathing suit. I will have to check it out! We just booked our vacation for June and I need a new suit. Love the family pictures! And that quote is really good.

lvmoon said...

I love that poop church story. That is baby realness there. Nice to know it doesn't only happen to me. I had quite the diaper debacle to surprise me after our 2 hour drive to New Jersey.
Love all your pics. Thank you!!
~Lauren

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend, even if you did get pooped on! Your kids are adorable!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Oh girl, the church incident!! You look lovely and happy happy in that picture with Matt.

Katie S. said...

What a nice weekend! those cinnamon buns looks sinfully good and I cannot wait for the beef recipe! Loving the swimsuit!