Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Whole Wheat Greek CousCous Salad



There is nothing I love more than a good salad for lunch.  I made this a few weeks ago and gobbled it up.  I love the whole wheat Trader Joes Israeli couscous, that is what I used for this but you could use plain couscous too.  Greek ingredients are my favorite so this was pretty much a spin on my Greek Salad but with couscous instead.  It is the perfect healthy, light lunch.
Enjoy!



||  G R E E K  C O U S C O U S ||

- 1 bag or box whole wheat couscous
- diced cherry tomatoes
- diced kalamata olives
- diced English cucumber
- thinly sliced spinach
- diced red bell pepper
- diced red onion
- feta crumbled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper

Cook Couscous according to box.
Chop all veggies and place in large mixing bowl.  Add cooled couscous to veggies.  Mis together olive oil and next 4 ingredients.  Pour over couscous mixture.  Add feta and toss all together.  Best served room temperature. 
Feel free to double dressing if you think you salad needs more.





9 comments:

Jillian said...

YUM! some of my favorite ingredients all in one bowl!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

ps stop by im hosting a Leigh Viner art giveaway!

Unknown said...

I love the quinoa salad from Zoe's kitchen and this looks exactly like it! Will definitely be trying this one!

Alicia xoxxo said...

This looks yummy! I will def be making this one. thanks for sharing!

Eloquently Emily said...

This looks so yummy and right up my alley! Perfect for the warmer temps to throw together at night!

Delta Daisies said...

Looks amazing!

Jennifer said...

Looks amazing! This may sound like a silly comment - but I love the pictures you post with your recipes. Do you take them yourself?

Gracie Johnston said...

This looks so delicious!

Val said...

Flavor Sensation!!!

bmrobertson63 said...

I just made this for dinner and it was so, so fabulous! I added some shredded rotisserie chicken and a couple tablespoons of Greek dressing. So yummy!