Monday, November 3, 2014

Scenes From Our Weekend

I can't believe is November already.  I can feel myself starting to get stressed out thinking about planning Thanksgiving which we host every year, Frances Moon's birthday party which is two days after Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping.  I have mucho to do in these next few weeks.

We had a fantastic weekend.  It was cold in Charleston, like really cold Saturday but I loved it!!

It was fun that Halloween fell on a Friday this year.  We always go over to our good friends house and trick or treat over there.  They close down the streets and have a big carnival.  Its such a fun tradition.  The kids had a blast.




While I was in Charlotte I bought a new piece of furniture for our dining room. I found the piece at a Consignment Store called Clearing House, if you live in Charlotte check it out they get some awesome pieces in.   I had so much fun styling it, although I think it still needs some tweaking.


I also found a new light for my dining room at Lowes of all places.  It was more the sputnik look I was going for.
 This is so typical I buy something then find something I like better.  But I have a solution the West Elm light will go in Sterling's room,  his light fixture is so old and dim so the light will look great in there.  Hoping to have them both installed this week with pictures to come.


I tried out two recipes out of the new Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, Make It Ahead.  The cookbook is a real winner, I highly recommend it.  Both recipes were amazing and easy, I will be making them again.
Parmesan Kale Chips | Peas With Pancetta


My Rag and Bone Hunter boots arrived and I have to say I love them.  I wore them Saturday,  they were perfect for the yucky weather.  They are still on sale with a few sizes left.


Took some hilarious pics of the kids.
Our new gas station blankets came in handy this weekend with all the cold weather.  They washed and dried perfectly.

 Basically wore the same outfit all weekend. Gotta love lululemon- cute even when you are not working out!

Monday.






10 comments:

Noelani said...

Looks like a great weekend and love the bar cart! Happy Monday.

Jillian said...

the cooler weather was SO refreshing! im glad you had a fun weekend :) loving that bar cart. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Liz said...

Sterling sure does love his mama. that picture is adorable. xoxo

Portuguese Prepster said...

My Mom picked me up a copy of her new book and I'm so excited to read it!

Unknown said...

I noticed a vanity in your bedroom from the last picture of you in your Lulu gear. Am on the hunt for a vanity almost identical (mirrored with some drawers). Can you share where you got yours? Does it have a mirror or did you hang a mirror? I need some personal space to do my makeup as sharing a small bathroom with my husband is not working!

emilytrochelman said...

Love the new light fixture you found! I may need it too ...

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

I saw Ina's cookbook in Target and almost bought it, but didn't for some reason. Looks like I'm gonna need to go back... Both of those recipes look so good!

www.XoLindsay.blogspot.com

Valentine said...

can you post the item # of the light fixture at Lowe's? it doesn't show up online. thanks!

Digital Discovery said...

Where on earth did you get Frances Moon's strawberry costume? Cutest costume I've ever seen.

Taylor said...

gimme that lulu outfit! so cute I would wear it on repeat too!

www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com