Monday, May 21, 2012

Addictions, Wedges, Wine, and Happenings.

First of all thank you for all the great comments on Friday letting me know that I am not alone in feeling overwhelmed sometimes.  I am trying to be at peace with my dirty (filthy) house and just relax a bit and not be so uptight all the time.  Friday night we caught this gorgeous sunset that made me feel very blessed and thankful for my life.   I count my lucky stars everyday we live in Charleston, this place is awesome.


It pretty much happened over night but I am addicted to necklaces.  I think I might to go to a necklace addicts meeting.  I don't feel like my outfit is complete without one.  The bigger and brighter the better. Check out my three outfits from this weekend.  See a common theme??


The blue necklace is JCrew- I found it at the JCrew outlet here for all you locals.  and the pink one is the Bauble Bar necklace I blogged about Friday.  It is my new favorite necklace, I love the hot pink.  You can order one HERE. Ok, enough self portraits, right?
I finally found a pair of wedges.  Yes, I am proud to say I now own a pair of wedges.  And the best part is I found them at TJMaxx.  Got to love a good bargain.  You might notice I am wearing the wedges in everyone of my weekend outfit pictures.  I love them, don't know why I waited so long to jump on the wedge wagon!
Saturday night we had friends over for dinner and my friend Alissa made the most delicious Spring Rolls.  Look how perfect they are.  They looked and tasted just like they came from a restaurant.
Before they came over I went to make a martini and look what I  found in my Martini glass.  Is a spider in a martini glass like a fly in Chardonnay?   Either way it freaked the crap out of me and I screamed like a little girl all while Sterling laughed at his silly Mommy. 

I found a new wine I love,  it is a sparkling Sauvignon Blanc.  So light and tasty.  Retails for about $14.99 a bottle.  Buy some you won't regret it- although you might regret it when you drink the whole bottle.  It's that good.
Oh and this guy has been giving me a real run for my money lately.  All boy and hard headed like his daddy.  This is him after I told him three times not to run in the street- just testing me.

Happy Monday Loves!

32 comments:

Jill said...

my official switch to sauvignon blanc starts this weekend when the kids are out of school so I must try that brand!!

completely right about a necklace, it can transform a basic top into something fabulous, and the bigger the better!!

Rachel Amy said...

i feel the same way about necklaces & scarves.

and sterling is just so darling!

look forward to your blog every morning in between sending reports at work..thanks! :)

Balancing Lisa said...

ok, LOVE both necklaces (and your outfits)!!! want to try that wine, spider is freaking me out as we speak ;) and your man is adorbs!! xo

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.com/

Keely said...

Love the outfits & the neckleses! Just wanted to thank you for your Safood Lasagna recipe last week. I Made it last nightand it was a HUGE hit! Thanks for all the excellent recipes. Love me some Pinot Grigo or Savignon Blanc in the summer time! Have a great day!

Hannah said...

Spiders in martinis?? Yuck!! This is not going to help your addiction at all, but go look at purseladytoo.com and check out all of the new necklaces they just posted. I think I might order three of them the are so cheap! I've gotten into a necklace obsession lately too and I am not happy when I don't have one to match my outfit. I feel like I've been wearing mine over and over. Just read your post from Friday--don't get discouraged, I feel the same way sometimes! Happy Monday, sweetie!

Alicia xoxxo said...

You look gorge! love your necklaces! esp the turquoise one! i must find one! i am obsessed with necklaces too. SB is my have wine so i have to find what you recommended! how cute is Serling? so adorable!

Bud and Leo said...

Obsessed with the hot pink bauble bar necklace!!! I need it! Great find on the wedges and Sterling is hilar seriously so funny! What a little boy :)

KatiePerk said...

Great ensembles!!My house is impossible to keep clean and my child is not mobile yet. I am not sure what we are going to do when that happens!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Love those wedges! I bought the J Crew outlet necklace in citron and wear it all the time. Ive definetly become necklace obsessed too!

Unknown said...

Those necklaces COULD NOT be more perfect. Gorgeous as always! :)

Kerr said...

Those wedges are great! Did you find them in west ashley or mtp tjmaxx?

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle said...

Gotta try that sparkling Sauvignon Blanc...a must for the upcoming weekend. Your bauble bar beauty is fabulous! Also, the picture of Sterling is priceless. He definitely seems to have personality! : )

Leslie said...

I love necklaces and scarves; they add a bit of pop! I'm lusting after that first necklace, especially.

natasha {schue love} said...

OK Sterling is TOO cute! Love that...little stinker! And love your new wedges...I am SO surprised that these are your first pair. I have like 80 and love them. Also loving your BB necklace. I want the yellow one!

erica said...

You seriously always have the cutest outfits ever! Love your necklaces. xo

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I need a turquoise necklace too. I love your white skinny jeans. Are they Earnest & Sewn?

Alexa said...

Oooh I love your photos...your necklaces are gorgeous!

Melly said...

Your son is a cutie! Found that awesome J Crew necklace on ebay :) Have a great week!

Christina said...

What is the brand of your wedges? I love them!

Carter (The Mean Mom Chronicles) said...

Great outfits. Sterling sounds just like my 3 year old. All boy and makes me crazy. It's like he's deaf to everything I say. At least they're cute....I think that's all that keeps mine alive sometimes. ;-)

Aspiring Kennedy said...

Aren't necklaces great? They somehow reinvent an outfit. The J Crew one is fabulous.

Andrea said...

You look fabulous as always! I'm loving necklaces as well, completely change an outfit! Love the wine tips, that one sounds perfect for summer here in Texas!

White Lacquer said...

That sunset is gorgeous, oh how I miss living by the water.

Those necklaces are perfect and should be obsessed over for sure.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a runner right now. Yikes!

Xx. Patience

Taylor said...

I can't believe you were even brave enough to take a picture of that spider! I would have ran and hid for hours (like a 3 year old). Love the necklaces - I agree, I am a newcomer to the big necklace thing but I love the way they make the outfits so much better - yours are gorgeous. Glad you had a great weekend :)

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Val said...

I'm a necklace addict and have to get off of ebay...it's becoming a problem. Well, for my husband that is. Ha. I just wrote down that wine and it's on my official to get list. =))))

Megan said...

natalie! i am just catching up on my google reader and didn't get a chance to comment last friday on your post, so i'll do that today! so many thing you mentioned are feelings i have had, just haven't been brave enough to blog about. looks like you had a wonderful weekend, hope you have a great week!

megan said...

i love that pic of sterling, it made me laugh out loud. :) definitely digging that baublebar necklace! and i would have totally freaked out if i found a spider in one of my glasses..true story - i found a dead moth in my collards the other day. i couldn't even eat the rest of my bbq and mac&cheese.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I'm just addicted to accessories period. Mostly belts, bracelets, and necklaces...so you *know* that I'm totally crushing on that bauble bar number (c: And I also feel your pain on hard headed kiddos! Gah! Don't they know they are driving their mama *crazy*???

Sadie + Stella said...

Look at you. You are darling. No surprise there. I make those spring rolls ALL of the time. May be posting about it this week....spoiler!!

Gillies Down Under said...

So fun that you are into New Zealand wines. I am a southern girl living in NZ at the moment. Can't get enough of it....so good.

Megan said...

LOVE all of your outfit posts!!! What store are you in? It looks like a cute boutique!!

PLEASE post the egg roll recipe!! :) I've been looking for a good one :)