Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Friends +Champagne +Shoping Finds +Grub

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! Did you guys miss me Friday? I usually never skip a day blogging but I had friends coming in town and a CPR class that morning so I was crazy busy! We had a great weekend filled with lots of fun. 
My friend Melissa and her son Colin came in town to visit and we had a blast.  We were roommates in college and it is so fun to see our boys together now!  We always joke that Sterling and Colin look like they could be brothers.
Sterling has decided he no longer needs to wear clothes when he is outside.  It is becoming quite comical.  Our friends have started referring to him as "Naked Boy."  Thinking it is probably a sign I should start potty training.  This is him at the beach weekend after stripping off all his clothes.
We took all the kids to the Yacht Club Saturday night and I got to catch up with some of my favorite ladies.

Cooked up my favorite Tomato Pie for dinner.  You can find the recipe under my recipes, tab it is amazing!  It will not disappoint, one of my favorite meals.

My C&C California Colorblock Maxi dress came in the mail and I love it.  It is so soft and long enough for me which is always a plus!  I highly recommend it, you know how much I love a good maxi dress!

I hit up JCrew on Monday to do a few returns and stalk the necklace my friend Weezie was wearing this weekend (you can see it in the picture above).  It was my lucky day because I got a credit and it was on sale, so this beauty came home with me!  It looks even better on!  For some weird reason it was not on sale online just in the actual store.
And a big thank you to JCrew for the giant lollipop they gave my little man so I could look around.  He was a hot mess afterwards but it kept him happy for awhile!
I ended my weekend with some Prosecco and Magazines.  If you are not drinking Cupcake Prosecco you should be it.  It is delish for the price.  I added fresh sliced cucumber and mint in my drink.  And the new House Beautiful is good, real good!


Lastly, while browsing Pinterest last night, I came across this recipe for a homemade CrunchWrap Supreme.  Tell me I am not the only one with a strong love for Taco Bell.  I don't eat Taco Bell often but I freaking love it.  I will so be making these Crunchwraps.  Recipe Via

25 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

I have a filthy and disgusting love for taco bell. Just need to find the homemade recipe for chalupas. Love cupcake prosecco. You look so cute in that dress it's disgusting. Your babe is adorable AND I missed you like woah on Friday!!! About died. Checked your page like 16 times to see if I missed the post. Stalker.

donna said...

Yo quiero Taco Bell :) I love that Jcrew necklace...must go check out my local stores.

Keely said...

Taco Bell is a weakness for me too! LOVE the Cupcake brand...I am a sucker for a cute label but the wine does not disappoint! Looks like you had a great weekend! My House Beautiful is waiting for a quite moment when I can really enjoy it. : )
Love that Memorial Day is the kick off to summer!!!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

You look so pretty in that dress. And I think I need to potty train Lilly too, have been putting it off for so long now... Dreading. And I want to try that recipe too, let me know how it goes!
Let's get together STAT!

Julia Ryan said...

What a wonderful weekend! I'm glad you had so much fun! Can't wait to catch up more. Especially interested in your potty training adventures with Sterling! xoxox

megan said...

JI Yacht Club?? We were there on Sunday! Bummer we missed each other! That crunch wrap supreme is looking mighty tasty right now and it's only 9am!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Looks like a perfect weekend! Your little man is just so freaking cute

KatiePerk said...

Seriously. The Crunchwrap needs to happen at my house. Love the maxi. Haven't tried the prosecco, but shall be soon!

Jill said...

I was in Jcrew over the weekend and Scarlett got a lollipop and it was a mess!! My only thought was "she is going to get this all over the clothes!!"

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

That tomato pie looks amazing! Love your pics from the weekend...your baby on the beach is so precious!

natasha {schue love} said...

I LOVE your new dress! Looks like you had such a fun weekend! Dying for my first glass of champagne post pregnancy!

blondey14c said...

where did you get your cute black tshirt dress?

Anonymous said...

I almost died when I scrolled down and saw my friend Weezie on your blog. Weezie and I went to graduate school together and although it's been years since we've chatted, I love that girl. :)

And yes, the HB doesn't disappoint!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love that tomato pie recipe and can't wait until my tomatoes are here so I can make it again!

Jordan - Queen of LA! said...

that tomato pie sounds delicious! ill have to make it soon. ps, i bought that jcrew necklace in april and loved it but it broke so it went back... thanks for reminding me to go get it again!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

You look awesome in that maxi dress! I splurged on one this weekend from Copper Penny. There's just something effortless, yet completely pulled together about them.

Your little one is too funny! Glad you had a great weekend!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Looks like a great wknd! Love your maxi, I have one on today, i am a fan!

Portuguese Prepster said...

hhahah Sterling is too funny! Love your buys and I have a weakness for Taco Bell too

Taylor said...

I pinned that crunch wrap supreme too! It looks incredible - I love taco bell.... I know it's horrible for you but it never disappoints :) the maxi dress is too cute! Prosecco is slowly becoming my favorite drink of choice - zoo yummy. glad you had a great weekend!
xo
http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Nat said...

Looks like a great weekend!! That dress is so cute, and I have got to check out that Cupcake Prosecco. Sterling is too cute with that lollipop!

A Wedding Story said...

The dress is just gorgeous on you! Wow!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

The dress looks gorgeous on you, great buy! And Sterling is so funny with wanting to be naked all the time ;)

Sarah said...

My goodness, I seriously can't stand how insanely gorgeous your son is!!! That face!

xoxo, Sarah

http://hellolovelydecor.blogspot.ca/

Bud and Leo said...

LOVE the maxi and the necklace! Sterling's hair is so cute! And love that he loves to go naked on the beach :)

Brooke said...

I love your sense of style - most stylish mom on the block, hello! :) Mmm...Cupcake, can't wait to have a glass of that again after this pregnancy (does that sound bad?)...oh well, it's the truth! Your blog has me craving so many things - fashion, food, and drink! I am your newest follower! Hope you will check out my blog & follow me as well!

xoxo,
Brooke