Saturday, May 5, 2012

Do You Fancy a Margarita?

Happy Cinco De Mayo Loves!  This is honestly one of my favorite holidays because I am a true lover of any and all Mexican food (could eat it everyday) and I am a serious tequila lover.  I swear give me some good tequila and I am a happy lady.   I was reading my new Bon Appetit last weekend and I came across an article tittled "How to Mix the Ultimate Margarita".  Umm, yeah I devoured the article and  then I promptly made both Ritas, nevermind it was only 3:00 in the afternoon but it had me wanting one.   Now they are household favorites.  I know you will all love the Blackberry Rita but don't snub the Jalapeno one.  I know it sounds weird but trust me it is really good in a crazy way.  If you like a little spice and heat you will love this drink!  Try them both and let me know what you think!

BLACKBERRY MARGARITA



Ingredients (Makes one drink)
1/4 cup Tequila
1 lime juiced
3 Blackberries
2 Tbs Agave Nectar

Muddle the blackberries with agave syrup in a cocktail shaker until berries are lightly crushed. Add in Tequila and lime juice. Shake. Pour into glass- salted rim optional

JALAPENO MARGARITA
 
 
Ingredients (Makes one drink)
1/4 cup Tequila
1 lime juiced
2 thin rounds Jalapeno (for a less spicy drink remove seeds)
2 Tbs Agave Nectar
Muddle the Jalapenos with agave syrup in a cocktail shaker until the peppers are lightly crushed. Add in Tequila and lime juice. Shake. Pour into glass- salted rim optional



7 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

There is vegan place called Karyn's Cooked in Chicago and they have this spicy hot margarita. It's the most insane thing ever. I will try this!

Julia Ryan said...

I might, just might, consider trying one of these fancy-rita's. But only if you make it :)

natasha {schue love} said...

My husband is drooling over the jalapeno marg...I'm drooling over any marg at this point! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

YUM! Love Cinco too - enjoy your margs!!

Georgine said...

I made your stuffed jalapeños yesterday. I got a million compliments... you have the best recommendations!! Xoxo

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

Uno Mas has a delicious jalepeno cilantro margarita. I bet if you added cilantro to your version, it would be amazing!

Anonymous said...

i was looking around at different "jalapeno margarita" recipes and i'm liking yours the best... :))