Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tomato, Corn, and Avocado Salad



For those of you who follow me on Instagram you probably already saw the picture of this delish salad.   It is quite possibly the perfect summer salad.  Ooozing with all the fresh flavors of summer- crispy corn, juicy heirloom tomatoes, creamy avocado and sweet basil.    This might just become my go-to summer salad.    Nothing has to be pre-cooked and it was so easy to whip together!  We served ours with crab cakes and it was in my humble opinion an amazing meal!  It would also pair great with chicken, shrimp, fish, or anything your heart desires.  Make this light and tasty salad, I promise you will love it!

Tomato Corn and Avocado Salad - adapted from Martha Stewart
Ingredients


3 ears corn (husk and silk removed; tip cut off)

2 pints cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes, halved (or quartered if large)

1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced

3 scallions, thinly sliced

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (one lime juiced)

1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower (I used Olive Oil)

Fresh julienned Basil

Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions

1.Stand ear in a large wide bowl; with a sharp knife, carefully slice downward to release the kernels. Discard cob. Add tomatoes, avocado, scallions, lime juice,  basil, and oil to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine

22 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

this looks yummy! I might try this with chicken tonight. I'm not so sure I'm ready to tackle crab cakes yet. Too advanced for my skills!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

YUUMMM! Definitely adding this to my list of things to cook this summer.

Unknown said...

I have been dying for a recipe that is just this for summer, thank you!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I do a corn salad with red and green pepper, cilantro, lime and white beans. It's so good and easy too!

megan said...

This is one of my go-to summer sides! SO good and so easy to make!

Sunkissed and Southern said...

this looks great!

Kathryn {love, raleigh} said...

this looks great! so you don't have to cook the corn???

viv said...

This looks SO refreshing and SO good.

natasha {schue love} said...

This sounds delish and so so fresh for summer!!

Bud and Leo said...

I make a rendition of this and it's delish! YUM!

White Lacquer said...

My mouth is watering. Can't wait to try this!!

Xx. Patience

Lulu {The Home You Make} said...

Will try this soon, looks great! I just posted something similar http://thehomeyoumake.blogspot.com/2012/05/easy-weeknight-dinner-avocado-salad.html
xoxo

Z said...

Mmmm this looks delicious!
I am definitely going to make this one tonight :)

xx
when-the-dog-bites.blogspot.ca

High Cotton Style said...

Almost made that the other night! Can't wait to try it and super easy!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

get in my belly.

Melissa W. said...

Girl! I am NOT even going to look at this recipe b/c I have had your tomato, bacon, avocado, and goat cheese sandwich every day since you blogged about it! That darn thing is soo freakin' good!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you :) Hubby had it for dinner tonight and he loved it too!

Sadie + Stella said...

Omg please come and cook for me!!!!

Andrea said...

This looks delicious and easy, my kind of recipe!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it out.

Portuguese Prepster said...

sounds perfect!

Val said...

This is a salad to LOVE.

hermes bag outlet said...

Ladies softshell jackets made up of high-quality classic leather give your look and your personality catier jewellery a gleaming image. Handbags have the power to influence and shape your personality discount rolex watches therefore you need to be cautious in which size and shape you select popular christmas gifts
online. In general leather handbags will suit the city or out on the town and they can look distinguished, omega speedmaster watches exceptional and royal at the same time. The fashion industry of these days sees ladies louis vuitton monogram canvas as one of the chief accessories.