Friday, November 16, 2012
Confessions Part 2: Keeping it Real
Ok, ladies I loved your comments so much the last time I did my Confessions Post, I am back with part two. Hope you enjoy and as always please share your confessions to make me feel less like a weirdo:)
- I have had a fungus toenail for 10 years now. The big toe on my left foot looks disgusting it is so thick. I have tried several remedies including having part of it removed but the fungus always comes back. It is so gross that is why I usually keep my toenails painted.
- I can't stand Rachel Ray. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. The terms EVO and Yumo will always annoy me.
- I used to work at Abercrombie and Fitch and so did Matt (don't worry he wasn't the shirtless guy at the door at least not to my knowledge)
- I hate Riesling, Moscato, and any sweet wines. They make me want to puke.
- I don't really enjoy plays. Go ahead and judge me but I get bored during them. My favorite part is usually the intermission. Guess I am not cultured.
- I hate the menswear trend for women. It bothers me to see a woman in a suit.
- I talk to my mom probably 10 times a day (at least). I call her about any and everything!
- I can't think of one single food I hate. I pretty like all food.
- I am weird about meat. Especially chicken and deli meat they both can really gross me out. However oddly enough I love me some chicken livers, pate, and liverwurst.
- I pretty much don't like sports. Definitely hate playing them and don't enjoy watching them either. Only thing I like about football is tailgating. I could happily tailgate and then not even go in the game.
- I drink 3-4 sparkling waters a day. I love them. Ever since I gave up sweet tea and soft drinks they are my jam. (I will occasionally have a coke, real never diet, and most often when I am hungover).
- I can't stand beach music or oldies. I only like to listen to current music. Same with movies I don't like old ones.
- Tulips, Hydrangeas, and Peonies are my favorite flowers. I despise sunflowers.
- I have a strange crush on Andy Samburg. I am crazy attracted to really funny guys.
- I make a cup of coffee every morning but never finish it. I sip it the whole morning and keep reheating it. Too much caffeine makes me spacey and anxious so I try not to drink too much.
- I am a cookbook hoarder. I own at least 50. Some of them I have never even used before but I love looking at them.
- Technology doesn't excite me. Don't get me wrong I love my Iphone and Ipad and I love having them but I would never wait hours for a new piece of technology. We still have an old school DVD player, might never upgrade to Blueray.
- When I was in high school I was obsessed with Tornadoes. I even did my senior exit project on them. I wanted to go to the Midwest and be a storm chaser. Crazy because now they scare the sh*t out of me.
- Sometimes I love online shopping more than shopping in person. I get so excited when a package is delivered to my house, it makes my day.
- Matt and I dated for 6 years before we got engaged. He proposed on New Years Day 2007.
- I am not adventurous at all. I have no desire to scuba dive, bungee jump, or do anything remotely crazy. Heck I even hate roller coaster rides. They just make me so nervous. I know supposedly they are safe but if I got stuck on one of those I would lose my sh*t.
- I never in a million years thought I would live in Charleston. I always pictured myself living in Charlotte near my parents raising my family there. Now that I am in Charleston I don't want to ever leave:)
- My favorite things to shop for are blouses and dresses- in case you can't tell. I am not really a shoe person and I love purses but I only like to invest in a really good one every few years. I carry my purses for years before I retire them.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday. I get so giddy about it. I love the lights, the trees, the music, the parties, everything about it. Having a child has had it even more special to me. No lie I think I believed in Santa Claus til I was in high school:) I wanted to keep the magic alive.
- I don't like cats (sorry to my friend with pet cats) but they weird me out. I don't like that they can jump on things and walk on counter tops. True story when I met Matt in college he had a pet cat and it was almost a deal breaker (I mean what single guy has a cat). He also served me box wine out of a coffee mug the same night I learned about the cat so that was two strikes against him- obviously I got past the two, but we will never have a cat. I am much more a dog person.
- I don't like light versions of anything( ie sour cream, cheese, mayo, coke). The real version is always better. I believe you should just eat the real version but less of it.
- My favorite drinks at Starbucks are an iced green tea or a green tea latte- both unsweetened. I may be the only person who doesn't drink the coffee drinks from Starbucks. They are so many calories, I would rather eat than drink my calories. I will occasionally get a cappuccino or Carmel Machiato but I prefer the green tea drinks.
Alright, that 's it for Confessions part two! Now I am off ot get ready for a fun weekend. Hopefully I will have some pictures next week of our girls night!